GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deal or No Deal"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/01/07 at 18:03
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
The first woman ever to win the £250,000 has just been on Deal or No Deal, and I was just wandering what your thoughts are on it? Did you agree with her decisions? What would you have done? What do you think of the show anyway? And were you on the edge of your seat as the penultimate (and the ultimate) box was opened?

The show can be seen again on More4 next week if you missed it, but I can't remember when. I think it was 11pm Tuesday.
Tue 09/01/07 at 13:25
Regular
"gsybe you!"
it's hilarious, people thinking they have some form of control over a purely random luck game, and then saying the most ridiculous crap when something goes well/badly and THEN clapping all the time and going 'my game plan is still good'. WHAT GAME PLAN? PICKING BOXES?! GROW A BRAIN!
Tue 09/01/07 at 12:14
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Twain wrote:

> It's like poker. Ever played Texas Hold'em? You have to know
> when to quit. That's where the skill comes in to it.

Yes I play often on 888.com.

I love it when you're on a table of 10 and you get a good hand at the start and the people who are on the table (usually 1 or 2) just to go all in everytime go all in and you just sweep up their $1000 in chips :D

I only ever go all in on the 1st hand when I've got 2 good cards mind, usually only on a high pair.
Mon 08/01/07 at 23:59
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Twain wrote:
> It's like poker. Ever played Texas Hold'em? You have to know
> when to quit. That's where the skill comes in to it. All these
> people with "theories" and "strategies"
> normally lose out, and if they go away with a decent amount of
> money, then it's just luck.
>
> All of the game is luck - you can't have a strategy to it. You
> just have to know when to take the money, and that's where the
> skill comes in. The skill is to know when your "crash"
> will be, because every single game has one on DonD.

I love poker, i used to be damn good at it and then for some reason my judgement and concentration went completely. I found myself getting into personal battles or losing patience quickly. Once you start that you've no chance.
Mon 08/01/07 at 22:58
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
I would have dealt at the £20,000 she got before!

To tell the truth, I'm actually trying to get on the show, probably for the same two reasons why all the other young people get on there:
- No questions to answer
- Addiction to the show

For me, I think anything on the red side would do me, but I'd prefer anything higher than £10,000. That's all - keep an open mind. Some people get far too carried away with the game that they forget all their intentions, or they get too greedy, or they don't want to upset other people who have said things, so they risk (and nearly always lose) everything, just to get what's in the last box.

It's like poker. Ever played Texas Hold'em? You have to know when to quit. That's where the skill comes in to it. All these people with "theories" and "strategies" normally lose out, and if they go away with a decent amount of money, then it's just luck.

All of the game is luck - you can't have a strategy to it. You just have to know when to take the money, and that's where the skill comes in. The skill is to know when your "crash" will be, because every single game has one on DonD.
Mon 08/01/07 at 15:42
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
Twain wrote:

> The first woman ever to win the £250,000 has just been on
> Deal or No Deal, and I was just wandering what your thoughts are
> on it? Did you agree with her decisions? What would you have
> done? What do you think of the show anyway? And were you on the
> edge of your seat as the penultimate (and the ultimate) box was
> opened?

I was on the edge of my seat and I think the banker really pushed her into it as I expected the offer to be about £80K at least.

Personally I would have dealt as that is lifechanging money for me.
Sun 07/01/07 at 19:36
Regular
That's a shame though. Now she is going to be thought of as the first person to win it, when the two other winners might have played a much better game and we'll never know =(

Noel did mention this on Jonathan Ross didn't he? But I thought it would look odd if they just cut out someone from the series. Opening boxes one show and then disappearing the next.
Sun 07/01/07 at 19:31
Regular
"lets go back"
The stuff Borat mentioned bugs me too. I also dont like it when the other contestants try to sway the game by saying they havea blue in their box because "they can feel it". Idiots.

Apparently three people have won the £250,000. They just didnt show it because they thought people would loose interest in the show.
Sun 07/01/07 at 18:53
Regular
I don't mind the clapping but I do find it annoying when the contestant refuses to sit down in their chair. I also find it annoying when the contestant feels the need to get up and hug the people who reveal a blue.

It was a good show, she wasn't much of a character. I've seen plenty of people who I felt were more deserving but good for her for going all the way. Atleast she cried for the right reason.

If it were me I would have risked it, £40,000 odd was a terrible offer. I would have been happy with £3,000 so I would have gone all the way too.
Sun 07/01/07 at 18:41
Regular
Twain wrote:
> The first woman ever to win the £250,000 has just been on
> Deal or No Deal, and I was just wandering what your thoughts are
> on it? Did you agree with her decisions? What would you have
> done? What do you think of the show anyway?

Although I do enjoy the show, there are several things that bug me about it ...

First of all, this whole American gameshow style tendancy to clap and congratulate yourself on each decision I find a bit grating. Why clap yourself? Can anyone explain this to me? Surely it's other peoples duty to offer congratulations, support and applause ... Never could understand it ...

Second ... it's a game of chance! Pure and simple ... a guessing game ... there is no real strategy to it, or skill involved. They make a big song and dance over it all when it really isn't necessary ... just choose a box and get on with it!

Rant over ... though I do like the show, I find it compelling viewing, much more so than the leakiest sink ...
Sun 07/01/07 at 18:03
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
The first woman ever to win the £250,000 has just been on Deal or No Deal, and I was just wandering what your thoughts are on it? Did you agree with her decisions? What would you have done? What do you think of the show anyway? And were you on the edge of your seat as the penultimate (and the ultimate) box was opened?

The show can be seen again on More4 next week if you missed it, but I can't remember when. I think it was 11pm Tuesday.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.