GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo ---- Boring??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/05/04 at 10:46
"yeah, i know......."
Do you think nintendo are boring? I mean, I own a Gamecube, an SP and yet I still feel that the games are relatively poor and extra hardware is Scarce. I personally think that they need new games and not just sequels or prequels. What do you guys think?
Wed 26/05/04 at 22:59
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Domaye wrote:
> WEll theres one thing that is boring...The DS it looks lets put it not
> purdy at all aunt jamima...

It still could change a little. E3 wasn't the final final model.
Wed 26/05/04 at 21:20
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Mav wrote:
> Well, Bleem away. I loved the PSX and not only do I think it's better
> than the Dreamcast, it's one of the best consoles I've ever owned.

If only you knew what Bleem! was.
Wed 26/05/04 at 18:59
Regular
"-_-"
WEll theres one thing that is boring...The DS it looks lets put it not purdy at all aunt jamima...
Wed 26/05/04 at 16:52
Regular
Yeah, a hell of a lot.....
Wed 26/05/04 at 16:46
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Ikaruga was a DC game for an eternity before it got a GC release, I hate the way GC fanatics keep spouting off about it as a cube exclusive. Ditto with Skies of Arcadia (and the music is awful in the GC version)

The lost Sega title for the Dreamcast has recently resurfaced, Propeller Arena (was cancelled after 9/11) and this just goes to show how much Sega kick the 'bum' of nintendo. The fact that Super Monkey Ball would have been a DC title had the console survived says a lot.
Wed 26/05/04 at 15:20
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> Also, it can't be the worst console you've ever played. If you think
> that the PSX was better then Bleem! my friends, Bleem!.

Well, Bleem away. I loved the PSX and not only do I think it's better than the Dreamcast, it's one of the best consoles I've ever owned.

> And frankly, saying that it was rubbish is disgusting. You disgust
> me.

Woah there - not once did I say it was rubbish. I made it quite explicit that even though it's the worst console I've played, it's still rather good.
Tue 25/05/04 at 20:14
Regular
"Baros!!!"
I owned a N64 and thought games like Goldeneye, Legend of Zelda: OOT, Super Mario 64 etc. were all brilliant.

I've now got a gamecube and have played games such as Mario Sunshine, Windwaker and Super Monkey Ball. All were good games, but didn't last as long as the N64 games did.

I don't know whether I'm getting bored of games like this, or whether the games are rubbish. The only games which last me now are games like Need for Speed and the Fifa games.
Tue 25/05/04 at 20:08
Regular
"^_^"
My Dreamcast roxors your's and anyone elses soxors!
Tue 25/05/04 at 19:55
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Dreamcast was before its time. Before its time.

Also, it can't be the worst console you've ever played. If you think that the PSX was better then Bleem! my friends, Bleem!.

And frankly, saying that it was rubbish is disgusting. You disgust me.
Tue 25/05/04 at 18:40
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Coming from someone who owns a UK PS2 I find that muchly amusing.

Well, I personally find that there are more enjoyable games on any other console, that I've played for a suitable amount of time, than the Dreamcast.

I ain't saying it's bad - if it had survived, classic titles such as Skies of Arcadia, Ikaruga and Rez would still be exclusive, but that's no longer the case and so they can't be credited solely to the DC. But at the cheap price it is now, it's certainly worth the money.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.