GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo ---- Boring??"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 22/05/04 at 10:46
"yeah, i know......."
Do you think nintendo are boring? I mean, I own a Gamecube, an SP and yet I still feel that the games are relatively poor and extra hardware is Scarce. I personally think that they need new games and not just sequels or prequels. What do you guys think?
Sat 22/05/04 at 10:46
"yeah, i know......."
Do you think nintendo are boring? I mean, I own a Gamecube, an SP and yet I still feel that the games are relatively poor and extra hardware is Scarce. I personally think that they need new games and not just sequels or prequels. What do you guys think?
Sat 22/05/04 at 10:51
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I totally agree. Not. Nintendo have lots of exciting exclusive characters and games, Metroid Prime, Eternal Darkness, Mario Golf, Mario Kart: Double Dash, Super Mario Sunshine, Luigi's Mansion, Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, Star Fox Adventures, Pikmin, F Zero GX to name a few.
Sat 22/05/04 at 11:30
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
The Gamecube hasn't had as exciting a life as the N64 had, that's for certain. But that's because it's all been done before. Repetition is something that's going to happen in gaming these days, and if you ask me, Nintendo have been the ones trying to change this a little with innovation in their games.

Pikmin was a fresh title, Super Mario Sunshine boasted plenty of innovative features and if Wind Waker's visual attempts weren't trying something new then I don't know what is. Meanwhile, the Gamecube exclusively has Super Monkey Ball, Ikaruga and Harvest Moon. All unique titles, all only for Gamecube in this current generation of consoles.

Endless sequels and prequels are now always going to be a part of gaming, but that doesn't necessarily suggest negative points. I mean, I want to be playing updated Mario, Zelda, Samus and Donkey Kong adventures often, and the Mario sports titles are refreshing and enjoyable.

I agree to some extent that gaming isn't quite as it once was, but I think if anything, the Gamecube is the least boring out of the current consoles.
Sat 22/05/04 at 11:41
Regular
Ikaruga was on the Dreamcast and Harvest Moon titles are available for the PS2 in the US.
Sat 22/05/04 at 11:49
Regular
I think the Gamecube has had a pretty sparse life, the games aren't up to standard as some of the titles that have been on the market recently.

Zelda was good though.
Sat 22/05/04 at 12:00
Regular
": ("
Wakka wrote:
> I totally agree. Not.

lol!
Sat 22/05/04 at 12:08
Regular
ÂLŠ†ÂÎR wrote:
> Ikaruga was on the Dreamcast and Harvest Moon titles are available for
> the PS2 in the US.

If you are referring to that absolutly awful Harvest Moon: Save the Homeland... then you are looking for a slap. Barley no interaction, awfully plain cel-shaded graphics and a game Harvest Moon fans wish to forget.

Oh and what's a Dreamcast?
Sat 22/05/04 at 12:13
Regular
gamezfreak wrote:
> I think the Gamecube has had a pretty sparse life, the games aren't up
> to standard as some of the titles that have been on the market
> recently.

Don't you think?

They are less plentiful on the Gamecube but then Nintendo always had the smaller selection.

I find Mario Kart, Metroid Prime, Zelda, Sunshine, Resident Evil, 1080, Pikmin, Super Monkey Ball, Harvest Moon, Viewtiful Joe, Eternal Darkness, Twin Snakes, Crystal Chronicles, Rogue Leader, Super Smash Brothers, Animal Crossing, Eternal Darkness, F Zero GX and Wave Race to be a collection of fantastic software that really does the Gamecube proud. Confessingly I find that the X-box line-up, although different and with an even smaller ammount of AAA titles, a brilliant selection of games that gives Nintendo a right run for their money.

But they're still the best.
Sat 22/05/04 at 12:54
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Oh and what's a Dreamcast?

The best console to date and a console which still offers far more than any of the 3 latest attempts...
Sat 22/05/04 at 12:59
Regular
"Teal'c"
I think the Gamecubes pretty broing actually. I like the Xbox much more becuase I actually find the games fun.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.