GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Soldier of Fortune 2 - How do u rate it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Soldier of Fortune 2'.
Sun 23/05/04 at 22:14
Regular
"Not ur Average Tide"
I have had soldier of fortune 2 for a couple of months now and it never worked properly. Recently i bought a new graphics card Geforce 4 fx5600 from special reserve (amazing piece of machinary) and now the game runs perfect. Me being a fps god i completed the game in a day. Once i had finished the game i was a little disappointed that it was so short but i checked out the multiplayer and how hard is that. The first time i played i got annihilated. After a couple of goes i was in the top 3 out of 10, which i thought was quite good. Neway ow do you boyz and girlz rate this game on multiplayer.
Sun 23/05/04 at 22:14
Regular
"Not ur Average Tide"
I have had soldier of fortune 2 for a couple of months now and it never worked properly. Recently i bought a new graphics card Geforce 4 fx5600 from special reserve (amazing piece of machinary) and now the game runs perfect. Me being a fps god i completed the game in a day. Once i had finished the game i was a little disappointed that it was so short but i checked out the multiplayer and how hard is that. The first time i played i got annihilated. After a couple of goes i was in the top 3 out of 10, which i thought was quite good. Neway ow do you boyz and girlz rate this game on multiplayer.
Sun 23/05/04 at 22:31
Regular
"huntley"
hello
Mon 24/05/04 at 12:20
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
You wouldn't have completed the game in one day on the hardest setting.

I consider myself a fps god. If you really want a challenge, get Far Cry and play that on the hardest mode 'Realistic' which is literally 1 shot and you're dead. Things tend to get a bit difficult when you're surrounded by 12 mercs and a chopper.
Mon 24/05/04 at 15:50
Regular
"eat toast!"
either you cheated through the game, you played all day and night or a ombination of both i can tell you no one can complete it in a day. Its very length sof2 is.
Mon 24/05/04 at 15:52
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Tide wrote:
> I have had soldier of fortune 2

It's an abomination. I played the first two levels, then uninstalled in disgust.
Tue 25/05/04 at 12:28
Regular
yeah the first couple of levels are crap and are not good to represent the game. However, get past those to the jungle level and it gets real good.
Tue 25/05/04 at 13:42
Regular
"A man with a stick"
spoonbeast wrote:
> either you cheated through the game, you played all day and night or a
> ombination of both i can tell you no one can complete it in a day.
> Its very length sof2 is.

Just what I was thinking, SOF2 isn't a short game and for it to be completed in a day would mean an excessive amount of time spent playing it, or that Tide really is god.

And I enjoyed sof2 when I first played it, but it does have its many faults. The crap weapon sounds, naff cut scenes used to pace a story so paper thin you half expected Steven Segal to jump in and take charge, some level design that was horrendously linear (jungles that where spread out like corridors) and some really, really crappy stealth missions.

There where some sparks of genius, one level in particular where you have to rescue you hippy buddy from the book/underground bunker full of high-powered weapons, which had just been blown up. No weapons, no bad guys, just you carrying you friend through burning rubble trying to get outside to safety. If this type of design had been applied to all levels, it would have been a brilliant game instead of the fun, but forgettable shoot em up it was.
Wed 26/05/04 at 11:34
Regular
don't dis' Steven Segal.
Thu 27/05/04 at 15:18
Regular
" Born to ROCK!"
I really liked this game . It was a great blast and i thought the sound of the weapons seemed really meaty, and the effects of the weapons with the gore turned up is really cool as well. The secret in mutiplayer is to aim high to get head shots, the natural tendancy is to aim at the chest but it takes 5-6 hits to kill some one with body armour on.AK-47 is the best weapon to do headshots with unless u fancy being a sniper which lets face it isnt just as much fun as blasting your enemy face to face.Also spend a lot of games using nothing but a shotgun this will teach u how to use this handy back up weapon well. Tip if u run out of primary ammo in a firefight use shotgun instead of reloading this could just get you the edge.
Thu 27/05/04 at 15:35
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Possum_Number2 wrote:
> don't dis' Steven Segal.

The guy who can't act, direct or really make me like him in any of his filmic roles? The guy who always casts himself as the hero and ends up making me want the bad guys to win? The guy who's had sweaty, worn down leather stretched over his bony face?

I find it hard not to dis' him, he's a completely dislikeable moron, and I'm surprised he's actually managed to get cast in the many movies he's starred in. Though many of the movies he's starred are grade A s**t anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.