GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Soldier of Fortune 2 - How do u rate it?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Soldier of Fortune 2'.
Sun 23/05/04 at 22:14
Regular
"Not ur Average Tide"
I have had soldier of fortune 2 for a couple of months now and it never worked properly. Recently i bought a new graphics card Geforce 4 fx5600 from special reserve (amazing piece of machinary) and now the game runs perfect. Me being a fps god i completed the game in a day. Once i had finished the game i was a little disappointed that it was so short but i checked out the multiplayer and how hard is that. The first time i played i got annihilated. After a couple of goes i was in the top 3 out of 10, which i thought was quite good. Neway ow do you boyz and girlz rate this game on multiplayer.
Mon 31/05/04 at 09:16
Regular
"eat toast!"
the uzis seem to take forever for the desired rate of fire to occur. Sometimes when i press it, the bullets don't come out!

But in the right hands they are extremely dangerous. Like that triad guy near the end where you hack the computer.
Sun 30/05/04 at 12:38
Regular
"I'm not a noob :"
The twin uzi's were one of my fav. weapons in the game. jus**t run into the little houses and let rip. Admittedly they had sh*t range but awesome at taking down groups of people with 1 mag in each gun.
Sun 30/05/04 at 08:19
Regular
"eat toast!"
you could choose the weapons you wanted before you went in. But the gun wouldn't find ammo and it could become useless very quickly. Plus you lose the rifle in the last part of hong kong anyway. but the tasty m60 went you fight the boss is a sort of runners up prize i guess (not that you'll be needing it).
Sat 29/05/04 at 12:25
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Hang on a minute, couldn't you choose your own weapons before each mission? Because I remember using an assault rifle through that level, and indeed, most of the game. The M1A1 was my favourite weapon of the lot, and I certainly would have used that instead the pea shooters dressed up as micro uzi's.

And the M60 was a crap weapon, but great at taking down the helicopter on the hospital roof and a good mid range weapon if you crouched. Not one I used much though.
Sat 29/05/04 at 08:12
Regular
"eat toast!"
i dunno, i just kept doing 2 round bursts. I wouldn't have thought you could have killed the snipers with the shotgun. M60? i don't think so, theres one on the hospital roof though. But thats rubbish.
Fri 28/05/04 at 14:34
Regular
"A man with a stick"
spoonbeast wrote:
> virtually everyone in the hong kong level used that weapon. it isn't
> wise to ditch them just for the usas 12. As its range is limited. The
> uzis were your medium range weapons.

Still a painfully rubbish weapon though, horrendous accuracy even when holding two. I think I remember using the shotgun for most of the level, the levels weren’t exactly big so I just got as close as I could and fired. And wasn't their an M60 somewhere? It's been a while since I played it so my memory on the game isn't that clear.
Fri 28/05/04 at 11:00
Regular
"eat toast!"
"I never really felt the weapons power due to some terrible weapon sound effects. The micro Uzi’s sounded like my washing machine, I actually never used those guns mainly because I hated the noise they made. And they where fairly useless weapon on top of that"

virtually everyone in the hong kong level used that weapon. it isn't wise to ditch them just for the usas 12. As its range is limited. The uzis were your medium range weapons.
Thu 27/05/04 at 15:50
Regular
" Born to ROCK!"
tigamilla wrote:
> Pandaemonium wrote:
>
> It's an abomination. I played the first two levels, then uninstalled
> in disgust.
>
> I agree, I have never been bothered to complete the first level, I
> didn't pay for it so no major loss there!

You should give it another blast once you get through the first few levels it really starts to come into its own. Nothing too deep just good ole blasting fun
Thu 27/05/04 at 15:46
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Pandaemonium wrote:

> It's an abomination. I played the first two levels, then uninstalled
> in disgust.

I agree, I have never been bothered to complete the first level, I didn't pay for it so no major loss there!
Thu 27/05/04 at 15:44
Regular
" Born to ROCK!"
The overall sound in Call of Duty is Also very good especialy sinse ive got surround. In multiplayer when you've got upto 40 people blasting at the same time its emmense.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.