GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/07/01 at 13:58
Regular
Looks amazing so far.

Discuss
Thu 12/07/01 at 15:10
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
...It'll be the next Playstation 2...

...It's going to be amazing. It's already all sorted....

When you get one, chuck it in the Thames, and as it sinks, think of it as time speeded up.
Thu 12/07/01 at 14:35
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Wonderboy wrote:

>>> We all know Big Billy Gates will put a helluva lot of cash behind his oversized box of components, and there are some top, top developers working on it.

Ive yet to see too many of the games, but when the promotional bandwagon starts to roll, I'll give it a look."

LOL!

Don't you just love the synonyms!

Nice one, Wonderboy!
Thu 12/07/01 at 14:28
The XBOX. Its slogam should be Maybe...just maybe. Cos' it might just be somthin' special.

We all know Big Billy Gates will put a helluva lot of cash behind his oversized box of components, and there are some top, top developers working on it.

Ive yet to see too many of the games, but when the promotional bandwagon starts to roll, I'll give it a look.
Thu 12/07/01 at 14:23
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
One advantage I think Microsoft will have over it's competitors is with regards to peripherals...

As you know, Microsoft make Mouses, Keyboards, Graphics Tablets, and all sort of PC parts...

Now don't give me the old: "But that's for PC!!!" rubbish... they made the X-Box, don't you think they know what Peripherals to use and how to develop them?!

I think that unlike Nintendo, Sega and to an extent Sony, they will be able to back their peripherals well with good games....

I know Nintendo had the VRS but it was backed by two games in Japan and just one in The United States... Sega had the Fishing Rod which was compatible with 2-3 fishing games...

I think that if Microsoft can find a way to link all their peripheral knowledge with their on-line play and the peripherals themselves, they'll be okay.

I don't believe the X-Box is a PC in any way... It is it's own console... Can't think quite why I put that, but anyway...

X-Box peripherals are definitely something to look for... I think that for what Microsoft lack on the 'Innovation' side of things, they'll more than make up with 'Gaming Fun' and the peripherals will play a major part in doing this.
Thu 12/07/01 at 14:19
Regular
Dan2K1 wrote:
Project Gotham looks amazin; -

Yep! Although it's said to have an extra city, New York, which will give another 50+ tracks. There will also be more cars which will be destructible!

Hopefully the AI and Kudos scoring system will be tidied up, so when someone crashes into you, you don't get a penalty.

No doubt it will also have the standard graphical enhancements as well.

All in all, that could be the game that decides if I get an XBox or a 'Cube.
Thu 12/07/01 at 14:16
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Dan2K1 wrote:
> Well done Goatboy. Good post!

Thanks.

I'd like to claim Microsoft Train Simulator please
Thu 12/07/01 at 14:15
"High polygon count"
Goatboy wrote:
> Just don't. It wont be good.

It might be for him!
Thu 12/07/01 at 14:14
Dare I ask what you're doing with the other?

Writing his new novel.
Thu 12/07/01 at 14:13
Well done Goatboy. Good post!
Thu 12/07/01 at 14:13
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Don't.

Just don't. It wont be good.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.