GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/07/01 at 13:58
Regular
Looks amazing so far.

Discuss
Fri 13/07/01 at 16:15
Regular
Wookiee, i'm sure you could get Linux if you wanted, or buy a Mac.

:-)
Fri 13/07/01 at 15:58
"High polygon count"
asrogktjusaetg wrote:
> Try buying a home PC without their OS running it. Verging on impossible - that's success.

That's not success, that's a monopoly.

You're quite right about buying PC's with other operating systems, but personally, that's not a situation I like.

MS windows - any version - is a bug-ridden, sprawling mess (IMHO), which they then 'fix' and then charge you at least another £70 for the privilege, while at the same time introducing new bugs, requiring a new 'fix', and the cycle starts again.

Yes, I use Windows both at work and at home, but that's because I have to, not because I choose to.
Fri 13/07/01 at 15:51
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Turbonutter wrote:
>it's not a fantastically good piece of kit for the price.

Pardon? Same price as the PS2 at lauch, however this time the hard drive and modem are included in the price. seems like a good deal to me.

>I think the public will see it as an attempt by a heartless
> corporation to make money.

Yeah - because Sony and Nintendo are in it for the love.

>Coupled with MS's appalling track record,

Try buying a home PC without their OS running it. Verging on impossible - that's success. They make the best PC hardware (he say's typing on his MS keyboard, MS mouse at its side and feet resting on peddles fron wonder MS force feedback wheel) and have a decient record publishing games - espically sims. The Microsoft name is unseprable from the term PC at the moment - where's the appaling track record?

> THAT crash at E3,

A crash at a trade show isn't news - it happens ALL THE TIME. Like I've said in another thread - I can remember crashing both the Playstations running Driver 2 within 30 seconds. Unsuprisingly, your playing on in development titles so all the bugs haven't been ironed out yet. That's why the game is in a trade show and not sitting on high street shelves waiting for you to buy it.
Fri 13/07/01 at 15:35
I thik the X-Box will fail for 2 main reasons: One is that anyone serious enough about gaming to spend £300 on a console will probably already have a GC or PS2 and won't want another one, and the other reason is the hate and disrespect so many people have for microsoft.
Fri 13/07/01 at 15:31
Blue Screen Of Death, What, lazy Microsoft Programmers you would have thought they would have made a nice new Green Screen Of Death to match the Xboxs green jewel logo.
Fri 13/07/01 at 11:31
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I doubt anyone thinks that Windows works.
Fri 13/07/01 at 11:27
Regular
EA didn't release for the DC.

Also, who cares about the crash? Joe Public probably doesn't even know what E3 is, let alone go to all the trouble of reading up on it.

The mass market see MS as a company who supply the software that works on their PC.
Fri 13/07/01 at 11:26
I didn't see any EA games on the Dreamcast.
Fri 13/07/01 at 11:24
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
YH: EA don't count, as they have always made loads of games for every single console ever created since at least the Master System.

The Xbox crash at E3 was quite spectacular, because you got the BSOD. They promised this wouldn't happen, but looky looky.
Fri 13/07/01 at 11:04
Bad news Ive heard the Xbox may retail at £350 (According to PC format) in the UK...all I can say is that if Microsoft think they can charge us £100 more than the Americans for a console then they have another thing comming.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.