GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what is a blog?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/01/07 at 19:53
Regular
"boofy them"
i am reletively new to the whole internet thing (laptop for Xmas) Not sure about a couple of things:

can I go on to more than one web page at a time eg. if i am watching something on e-bay can i minimise that and look at something else?

what is a blog? - someone asked me if i had one. are they just like an on-line diary? Can anyone see it? What are the advantges of doing one?

would appreciate it if someone can answer these for me - feel a bit of a dunse.
Fri 05/01/07 at 19:53
Regular
"boofy them"
i am reletively new to the whole internet thing (laptop for Xmas) Not sure about a couple of things:

can I go on to more than one web page at a time eg. if i am watching something on e-bay can i minimise that and look at something else?

what is a blog? - someone asked me if i had one. are they just like an on-line diary? Can anyone see it? What are the advantges of doing one?

would appreciate it if someone can answer these for me - feel a bit of a dunse.
Fri 05/01/07 at 19:55
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Blogs are online readable diaries. Basically.

I tend to find most things on the net that are massive; blogs, myspace, facebook...and the like to be spectacularly...rubbish. You might as well speak to your friends.

Except for the pron, that's great.

Blogs are nothing special, really. They're just another way to read stuff you don't care about from people you don't know, and are easy for newspapers to make quick articles on.
Fri 05/01/07 at 20:01
Regular
"boofy them"
whats the pron??
Fri 05/01/07 at 20:03
Regular
"I may return"
amandag wrote:
> whats the pron??

I think he means p0rn...
Fri 05/01/07 at 20:13
Regular
"Author of Pain"
amandag wrote:
> can I go on to more than one web page at a time eg. if i am
> watching something on e-bay can i minimise that and look at
> something else?

....How old are you exactly?
Fri 05/01/07 at 20:18
Regular
Not the most polite question to ask a woman. I think she's the mother of a young child. Not sure, perhaps several. I guess there's still lots of people who still ahve yet to experience the internet ^^

oh and yes you can view as many websites as you like =)
Fri 05/01/07 at 20:19
Regular
Feel free to tell us more about yourself Amanda =)
Fri 05/01/07 at 20:21
Regular
"boofy them"
ha ha everyone is very funny - i'm not that old - 29, and yes a mother. since my husband bought me a laptop for xmas we are thinking about divorce as the internet is far more interesting than him.

what about everyone else?? - you now know lots about me. i feel like the new girl at school. Loving it.
Fri 05/01/07 at 20:31
Regular
"Author of Pain"
So Amanda, you're not too young to not know any different, and yet you're struggling to open more than one internet window at once, and lack the personality to ask what a weblog is when someone asks if you have one. Despite this, you've scoured enough of the internet to decide that it's a better companion than the man you vowed to spend your life with, you've signed up to at least one chat forum (and I am disinclined to believe that this is the only one), are happy with providing random websites (such as Freeola) with your personal details, and you feel free to begin divulging all of the details of this to a bunch of teenagers and (worse) condescending adults whilst hiding behind a thin veil of anonymity.

Am I summarising this correctly?
Fri 05/01/07 at 20:38
Regular
"boofy them"
you are mean

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.