GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what is a blog?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/01/07 at 19:53
Regular
"boofy them"
i am reletively new to the whole internet thing (laptop for Xmas) Not sure about a couple of things:

can I go on to more than one web page at a time eg. if i am watching something on e-bay can i minimise that and look at something else?

what is a blog? - someone asked me if i had one. are they just like an on-line diary? Can anyone see it? What are the advantges of doing one?

would appreciate it if someone can answer these for me - feel a bit of a dunse.
Mon 08/01/07 at 14:06
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
A blog is something I've had to do for me last module at uni. An online diary reflecting our thoughts on anything from the tutorials that caught our fancy. It is a fun and easy way of finishing a degree*

* yes, I know I keep mentioning it but after 6 years it's due to be finally over :D
Sun 07/01/07 at 21:32
Regular
It does indeed :) yes it would be nice to teach English in Japan, I'm really looking forward to visiting there. Will probably do it in the Spring. I'm hoping to be in Singapore by Chinese New Year.

There's quite a few countries in Asia to visit. China alone I'm sure there's plenty to explore.

Yes I remember these photos but I enjoy looking at them again ^^ some great photos on this site. Very motivating to me :D
Sun 07/01/07 at 21:23
Regular
Would love to go to Hong Kong, my old Kung Fu instructor moved to Japan and from there did a lot (and still does a lot) of travelling all around Asia ... think I've already posted this pic he took, think it was late 2005 : [URL]http://www.trekearth.com/gallery/Asia/China/photo152419.htm[/URL]

He's really done shed loads of travelling and I've been envious of him for doing that ... he makes a living teaching english in Japan ... despite knowing no Japanese when he originally went there (in 2000), that's an impressive feat ...

Guess all it takes is the determination really ...

EDIT : I stand corrected it was early 2004 ...
Sun 07/01/07 at 21:19
Regular
Would love to go to those places :) You're right about renting a car, it's the best way to get out and see a country. I'll have to try and pass my test this year.

Would you ever like to go to Hong Kong? It's definitely somewhere I want to go back. It's quite like Singapore but still very different. Really enjoyed my 10 days there back in '95.
Sun 07/01/07 at 21:13
Regular
The list of destinations I've been to so far is pretty short :

Meymac (South of France)
Mallorca
Amsterdam
Prague
Benidorm

(All holiday destinations and unfortunately heavy on tourism)

Though when I went to Mallorca I made sure we rented a car and saw the 'real' Mallorca, stayed at a locals house for the day (my dad knew him from Amateur Radio), some of the towns and villages we went through ... it was like going back in time. Lovely place, would love to go back.

Outside the UK, that's it ...
Sun 07/01/07 at 21:09
Regular
Borat wrote:
> It's excellent ... 36 hours of Palin travelling :) Though one
> of the discs is just train journeys in the UK, still pretty
> good.

*drools* that sounds good, a day and a half of Palin showing us the world :D

> If I start travelling I think I'll just do Europe first, get a
> taste for it, make sure it is as good as I think it will be,
> then move further afield.

Yes, I'd agree with you. It's amazin having all these different contries in one continent. If you were to visit lots of countries at once, Europe would be best. I'm keen to see more of it as I've only been to Belgium a few times while I was a child.

> I'm game for anywhere I think, so many places I want to visit,
> Singapore is definitely one of them. The series 'Himalaya' from
> Palin (included in the box set) made me want to see Asia so much,
> want to see Tibet :)

Singapore is great :) I could live in Singapore, many Brits could and infact do. As soon as I go back there I'll be uploading hundreds of photos and video clips. So you can really see what Singapore is like. Though I'd always advise seeing it for yourself in person. ^^

Ah yes I love the Himalaya series, how great was that. It was the last one I saw and really got me interested in going to places that people tend not to. Tibet is a must, no doubt about it. Sometimes I forgot just how high up he was. It must have felt really weird waking up every morning and being where he was.
Sun 07/01/07 at 20:50
Regular
Machie wrote:
> Borat wrote:
> Suppose I'm a bit of an armchair traveller ... where as you're
> going to do it for real ... where exactly you going anyway?
>
> You don't have to be =) Palin should be encouraging you to get
> out and go to countries that you'd have never thought of
> traveling to ^^

Ah he does, thing is I've never been one to do it alone, so if I do it I'd like to have a partner (in crime) to join me on my global adventures ...

> I guess I'd be like a Palin, of course not as charming as him
> but I do like the idea of visiting countries and showing
> everyone what it's like :D I'm tempted to buy this boxset

It's excellent ... 36 hours of Palin travelling :) Though one of the discs is just train journeys in the UK, still pretty good.

> I pretty much want to go everywhere and try everything,
> especially countries that people tend not to visit. It'll be
> different countries at different times of the year. Some areas
> of Europe are good in Winter time, others in Summer. I think
> I'll be doing a lot of east Asia to start off with. Lots of
> hoping to and from Singapore.

If I start travelling I think I'll just do Europe first, get a taste for it, make sure it is as good as I think it will be, then move further afield.

> It's definitely something I'm looking forward to. If I had the
> money I'd love to take a bunch of us on a trip somewhere. Though
> I think most of you would vote for Spain while I wouldnt mind a
> trip to Egypt or there abouts ^^

I'm game for anywhere I think, so many places I want to visit, Singapore is definitely one of them. The series 'Himalaya' from Palin (included in the box set) made me want to see Asia so much, want to see Tibet :)
Sun 07/01/07 at 20:36
Regular
Borat wrote:
> Suppose I'm a bit of an armchair traveller ... where as you're
> going to do it for real ... where exactly you going anyway?

You don't have to be =) Palin should be encouraging you to get out and go to countries that you'd have never thought of traveling to ^^ He really does a good job and it's no secret that he's helped inspire me to get out and travel the world thanks to my website (hopefully).

I guess I'd be like a Palin, of course not as charming as him but I do like the idea of visiting countries and showing everyone what it's like :D I'm tempted to buy this boxset just as motivation of what I can see when I finally complete my site.

I pretty much want to go everywhere and try everything, especially countries that people tend not to visit. It'll be different countries at different times of the year. Some areas of Europe are good in Winter time, others in Summer. I think I'll be doing a lot of east Asia to start off with. Lots of hoping to and from Singapore.

It's definitely something I'm looking forward to. If I had the money I'd love to take a bunch of us on a trip somewhere. Though I think most of you would vote for Spain while I wouldnt mind a trip to Egypt or there abouts ^^
Sun 07/01/07 at 20:25
Regular
Suppose I'm a bit of an armchair traveller ... where as you're going to do it for real ... where exactly you going anyway?
Sun 07/01/07 at 20:20
Regular
Only interviews really and out-takes. Some really funny ones like the time he went to Russia (Around the world in 80 days I think) and his hosts kept giving him Vodka. You don't see it on the series but he ends up throwing up all night ... he tells you about it in the extras.

Love that stuff though, it's perfect sunday afternoon viewing, he's a funny guy, I'm so jealous he's got to go all over the world like that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.