GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
".info giveaway"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/11/09 at 07:32
Regular
Just received the email about the .info freeola giveaway...

If I decide to take up the offer, does that mean I must use freeola as an ISP to access the domain? (as that's what the T&C imply)
Thu 26/11/09 at 12:13
"Are you sure?"
Hi motomoto,
The Google command in my last post highlights the references; it's just a matter of going through them and deciding if you are happy with the wording/context :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 26/11/09 at 12:02
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Hmmm... wrote:
> Not pedantic at all.
> Sorry you're right, I forgot 'Web Freedom' has been superseded by
> the VIP package for most users.
>
> NB. site:freeola.com "web freedom" shows quite a few
> references that might need looking at.
> [s]Hmmm...[/s]

:o! Is there? We are aware of the odd one or two about in places.

Could you give me one or two? I can't see any obvious ones. Ill get it looked into asap :).
Thu 26/11/09 at 11:55
"Are you sure?"
Not pedantic at all.
Sorry you're right, I forgot 'Web Freedom' has been superseded by the VIP package for most users.

NB. site:freeola.com "web freedom" shows quite a few references that might need looking at.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 26/11/09 at 11:03
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Hmmm... wrote:

> You can of course just use a Freeola dialup account (0845 number)
> when you need to change the website or I guess sign up for web
> freedom which will allow access from any provider.

Some may call me pedantic, but FYI to everybody that Web Freedom is now only available to users that have a Freeola Broadband account in their MyFreeola account.

For users that don't have a Broadband connection with us, then they need to look at VIP Hosting. :).
Thu 26/11/09 at 10:00
"possibly impossible"
Hmmm... wrote:
> That's how I read it - I would imagine it might catch out quite a

>
> Freeola are already my ISP so it means I get to use all these
> extras FOC :¬)
>
>
Me too now, which I will find very useful as soon as I get sorted out with some website content!
Thu 26/11/09 at 09:51
"Are you sure?"
That's how I read it - I would imagine it might catch out quite a few people that stumble across the Free twitter offer!

You can of course just use a Freeola dialup account (0845 number) when you need to change the website or I guess sign up for web freedom which will allow access from any provider.

Or signup for a Freeola InstantPro site which you can maintain from any connection.

Freeola are already my ISP so it means I get to use all these extras FOC :¬)

EDIT - Freeola have replied while I was typing!!!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Thu 26/11/09 at 09:48
Regular
Hi Edgy,

Our standard hosting terms apply regardless of how you acquire the domain, be it free of charge, a transfer in from alternative provider or bought directly from GetDotted.com

a) If you wish to use our Free Unlimited E-mail & Website offer, then you will need to either connect to Freeola Broadband or Dial-up to upload your files.

Free Website | Free E-mail

b) Our VIP Web Hosting range offers the same unlimited benefits as our free hosting, plus a few extra snazzy optional benefits (depending on which package you choose), including custom error pages, password protected directories, visitors stats ec. From £3.49 per month. You do not need to be using a Freeola connection to access this service.

VIP Web Hosting

c) Finally, you would have read about InstantPro Homepages in the .info giveaway e-mail. Every single domain hosted with Freeola & GetDotted receives an optional InstantPro Homepage, a 1-page version of our popular Easy Website Builder. You then have the option of upgrading to our full InstantPro service, which is charged at £3 per month (or free with Freeola Broadband), but this is entirely up to you. You do not need to be using a Freeola connection to access this service.

InstantPro Website Builder

If you log into your MyFreeola account, you should be greeted with a message asking you to set-up your new domain. This will launch the Domain Set-up Wizard which will guide you through our hosting package options.

Hope this helps :)
Thu 26/11/09 at 07:32
Regular
Just received the email about the .info freeola giveaway...

If I decide to take up the offer, does that mean I must use freeola as an ISP to access the domain? (as that's what the T&C imply)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.