GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Full Spectrum Warrior review..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Full Spectrum Warrior'.
Tue 01/06/04 at 08:58
Regular
9.2 from IGN, looking just as good as imagined.

2 player CO-OP is supposedly excellent, visuals top notch, audio top notch, awesome LIVE play and a quality single player. Quite complicated to get to grips with by all accounts and edging slightly towards the style of Rainbow Six: Raven Shield on the PC but I think this will be a very welcomed change for Xbox LIVE.

In CO-OP you play against the enemy AI however there appears to be NO deathmatch or team deathmatch despite this being widely talked about for months now...

Was looking forward to LIVE play so CO-OP should be enough, not only that but the single player is apparently sweet from start to finish and it is extremely challenging on higher difficulties.

Just abouts to orde rthe US version now so I will hopefully have it by weekend, will let everyone know what I personally think then...
Thu 03/06/04 at 17:56
Regular
Just ordered the US version, should have it this time next week.
Thu 03/06/04 at 17:22
Regular
For me, the fact that you don't directly control your team is more of an incentive than anything else. This time last year, the most trendy thing to do, for some reason best known to the publishers, was to develop a squad based tactical shooter - and now we've got enough to last us ages.

We really don't need any more, so I'm personally liking the look of this new spin on the genre as it'll inject some life into a now tired formula.
Wed 02/06/04 at 21:03
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Bonus wrote:
> I was liking the look of this game until I found out that you don't
> actually control the characters, but tell them what to do like a RTS
> game.
>
> Not sure I'm so interested now.

I was put off by that too, but I had a shot of an interactive video and it was pretty interesting. It showed the team working their way through a situation, and at the key points it gave you 4 options. Each option made your team work in a different manner and the end result depended on your decision. If you made the right one, your team made it through no problem, however, choose a less than perfect option and half your team would most likely be wiped out. It was only a short demo, but I can imagine the full game being very addictive.
Wed 02/06/04 at 19:35
Regular
"tokyo police club"
[URL]http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/914949.asp?q=full%20spectrum%20warrior[/URL]

Only 3 reviews, but look at that average score.
Wed 02/06/04 at 00:02
Regular
mattributé wrote:
> Wring thread?

Now that did make me laugh out loud.

And not for the obvious reason that there's a spelling mistake...
Tue 01/06/04 at 22:08
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Hoho.

I probably will phone them up.

After my birthday excusrion...

Oh yes.
Tue 01/06/04 at 22:03
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I wanted you to phone them and shout abuse at some poor French student...
Tue 01/06/04 at 22:02
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Tad late, maybe?
Tue 01/06/04 at 21:59
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Emailing?

Poor.

Phoning is so much more agressive..
Tue 01/06/04 at 21:56
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I emailed them. If that fails, phone it be.

I made a point of how much money I spent on Live. LOTS!

haha, like, schya!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.