GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Full Spectrum Warrior review..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Full Spectrum Warrior'.
Tue 01/06/04 at 08:58
Regular
9.2 from IGN, looking just as good as imagined.

2 player CO-OP is supposedly excellent, visuals top notch, audio top notch, awesome LIVE play and a quality single player. Quite complicated to get to grips with by all accounts and edging slightly towards the style of Rainbow Six: Raven Shield on the PC but I think this will be a very welcomed change for Xbox LIVE.

In CO-OP you play against the enemy AI however there appears to be NO deathmatch or team deathmatch despite this being widely talked about for months now...

Was looking forward to LIVE play so CO-OP should be enough, not only that but the single player is apparently sweet from start to finish and it is extremely challenging on higher difficulties.

Just abouts to orde rthe US version now so I will hopefully have it by weekend, will let everyone know what I personally think then...
Tue 01/06/04 at 08:58
Regular
9.2 from IGN, looking just as good as imagined.

2 player CO-OP is supposedly excellent, visuals top notch, audio top notch, awesome LIVE play and a quality single player. Quite complicated to get to grips with by all accounts and edging slightly towards the style of Rainbow Six: Raven Shield on the PC but I think this will be a very welcomed change for Xbox LIVE.

In CO-OP you play against the enemy AI however there appears to be NO deathmatch or team deathmatch despite this being widely talked about for months now...

Was looking forward to LIVE play so CO-OP should be enough, not only that but the single player is apparently sweet from start to finish and it is extremely challenging on higher difficulties.

Just abouts to orde rthe US version now so I will hopefully have it by weekend, will let everyone know what I personally think then...
Tue 01/06/04 at 09:02
Regular
"tokyo police club"
No team deathmatch?

Bad move by the developers - what will all those sweaty American pre-teens scream at now online?

'Feck you, you peice of computer scum! You got owned by an A-MERICAN, FOOL! SUCK MY MOTHERBOARD!'

Anyhoo, when it's out in July or whatever over here, I look forward to playing co-op with you, and watching as you get one shot kills...

It'll be RS3 co-op all over again.
Tue 01/06/04 at 09:09
Regular
Heh!

Yeah it is out here in about 4-5 weeks I believe.

No deathmatch is a strange move, especially after the massive success of Rainbow Six 3. Still the game looks incredible.

You off school today? I am pretty ill at the moment, can't open my eyes because of the Hay Fever, you up for LIVE play later on?
Tue 01/06/04 at 09:13
Regular
"tokyo police club"
i would, but my mother is forcing me into school to revise geography. Usually, I'd be okay with a 1 or 2 hour revision session... but this one is 10 o' clock until 3 p.m. What. a. bas*ard.

Anyhoo, I'll be on after 3, depending on the circumstances.

Have a good day abusing Edgy, mon frere
Tue 01/06/04 at 09:17
Regular
Heh.

Got better things to do like watch the grass grow. Going to book tickets for Alton Towers a week on Saturday and got a Doctors Appointment this morning, my step down converter for my Xbox will hopefully arrive today as well.
Tue 01/06/04 at 09:20
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Finally! You can now do Ninja Gaiden on extremely super fecking, throw your pad at the wall in frustration hard. Or for you 'walk in the park mode'. Grrr.

Yes, anyhoo, whilst your racing around Paris in a porsche 911 GT2, or decapitating a few ninjas, I'll be learning about codtal erosion.

Life is fair.
Tue 01/06/04 at 09:25
Regular
Such is life. I can't open my eyes fully at the moment as I look like Stephen Dorff in his final battle with Blade, my eyes are just bloody shot to the point that they look as though I am wearing coloured contacts.
Tue 01/06/04 at 16:22
Regular
I was liking the look of this game until I found out that you don't actually control the characters, but tell them what to do like a RTS game.

Not sure I'm so interested now.
Tue 01/06/04 at 16:51
Regular
"tokyo police club"
You don't control teh characters?
Interesting.
Tue 01/06/04 at 18:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
No. You control a squad that is AI.

It sounds like an uber-realistic game. As in men getting shot, and flailing on the ground screaming and swearing from the pain.

I predict massive US sales, although the lack of deathmatch/larger Live modes has put me off.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.