GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Jurrasic Park 3!?!?!??!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 10/07/01 at 14:02
Regular
Whats all this about?

I saw an advert for JP3 on the underground over the weekend. I think it said it was out this friday.

Anyone know any details?
Sun 15/07/01 at 22:11
Regular
"WWJD"
yeah JP3 is going to be cool ill probably go see it more than once cuz its always going to better on big screen so get in as many seeings when its there, it is going to be wicked!
Sun 15/07/01 at 19:12
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
not long till its released.

what a friday this will be:
i finish school for the holidays
gran turismo 3 hits the shelfs
and jurrasic park 3 is unleashed at the cinema.

il get out of school,go down to the cinema see the film,come out go into a shop and buy gt3.
Sat 14/07/01 at 21:20
"The pen is mightier"
As much as this film appeals to me, i do have slight reservations about retreading old ground in this third outing.

Essentially, the plot seems like an extended version of the first film. Serious problems occurred during this shoot with the script not being ready, and final drafts appearing minutes before the scene was to be filmed.

William H Macy has been very vocal about the on set problems and caused a few headaches when an interview with him seemed to rip into the film and crew and create a really bad image for the PR guys to sort out. He has since been quoted as being "misquoted"...

But even so, the film retains enough pull to make it more worthwhile than The Mummy Returns and certainly better than TombRaider (even though Jolie makes a good Croft) that i suppose i`ll find myself queuing up at my nearest multiplex to once again stare at lush jungle, running actors and CGI/animatronic dinosaurs doing their "by the numbers" stuff. And i will proberly be entertained and the studio Heads can be rest assured another willing punter has given them some more money.

But i do think the last entry was a bit overboard (young and easily lead, methinks) and that this person may end up a little bit disappointed after seeing the final cut...
Sat 14/07/01 at 21:01
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
i am extreamly exited about jurassic park 3,and have not a doupt in my mind that it will be brillient.

incase you dont know here is the plot :
Dr. Alan Grant (Sam Neill) was personally shaken by his encounter with live dinosaurs, but he remains determined to study them. Desperate to fund research for a new theory about velociraptor intelligence, he's particularly vulnerable when the wealthy Kirbys approach him, offering money for his presence on an aerial tour of Isla Sorna, adjacent to Isla Nublar, the site of Grant's nightmarish experiences. Once fate causes them to crash on the island, he learns that it was a scam concocted by the Kirbys to get an experienced guide to help them find and rescue their son, who vanished while vacationing... not realizing that Grant's prior visit was NOT to Isla Sorna. Marooned in a savage land, they have to struggle to escape from all sorts of new creatures with their lives.

(taken from yahoo movies)

it also has a great cast Sam Neill, William H. Macy, Tea Leoni, Alessandro Nivola and Michael Jeter.
and is directed by Joe Johnston. which will be nice to see what he can do,now that speilburgs lost his touch back in the lost world.

just think in 1993 when the 1st was released it looked great,and even better in the lost world a few years late.but now in 2001 with all the technology out there this is going to be one hell of a ride.

and now that the dinosours have evoved more and can talk to each other it will make a lot of difference to the plot.hopefully causing a main character to die for once.
and that dinosour bigger than trex will be fun.

that part with the bird cage looks exciting,dont you think?

in a recent interview with William H Macy he was asked what he thought of the film:

and heres his answer, I think it rocks, I'm relieved. I think it delivers just great. It's an adventure film, and man... Usually the first time you watch one of these things, for me it's a horrifying experience staring at my own image. Ten minutes into the film, I was gone, I was just into the chase sequences. I think [director] Joe Johnston did a great job

he was also asked whether he thinks it would be suitable for children:

he said, We talked a lot about that on the set when we were shooting it, 'cause we're all parents. Tea's got a two-year-old, Sam's got kids. We worried about that. Having seen the film, I think it is OK for kids. It's PG-13 [12 in the UK] and I think parents have to take that seriously. I was pleased to see that it's not gruesome and it's not gory and it's not bloody, but it is suspenseful. I was relieved, because if kids can't come, that's a big dent in the take at the box office.
What I don't like in film - and there's not much I can do but refuse to be in them - I hate when violence is trivialized and made to be funny. I hate sex and violence when they put them together. I think Hollywood should be able to make any movie it jolly well pleases, as long as it takes responsibility for it. If someone gets killed, well that's sad, that's a sad thing. I don't like it when a hero gets in a fistfight with nine thugs and gets the crap beat out of him and he's making love in the next scene. That's get beat up, you're not going to be making love for a long time.

another question was:
There's a scene where you have to search through dinosaur dung. At what point did they tell you about that?

It was in the original script. It was always there. I'll tell you one thing, I haven't had oatmeal since then.

i cant wait till friday,i missed out on the other 2 at the cinema as i was little and too scared to go, so i waited till there video release.but not this time.

lets hope for the best.
Sat 14/07/01 at 17:35
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Simon StFlange wrote:

> Could this
> be anything to do with the fact that Steven Speilberg
> ISN'T directing it???

Joe "The Rocketeer" Johnstone instead... hmmmmmm...
Fri 13/07/01 at 22:55
"I love yo... lamp."
Do not know. Could be. I want to see JP3 whatever the director and reviews it gets etc.
Fri 13/07/01 at 22:51
In my opinion JP3 is going to beat the pants off of the other two. The trailer gives me the impression that the film actually is going to be as scary and action packed as being stuck on an island with carnivorous dinosaurs would be, unlike the other two.

Could this be anything to do with the fact that Steven Speilberg ISN'T directing it???
Thu 12/07/01 at 21:39
"The pen is mightier"
Also, Pteradons - these were supposed to be in The Lost World but didn`t make the final cut, except the last scene with one flying up to a branch... a teaser of what was to follow (?)
Thu 12/07/01 at 21:12
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
A spinosaur....oh my god.
Thu 12/07/01 at 21:07
"The pen is mightier"
Actually, T-Rex IS in JP3, one of the films major action scenes is a battle between the Rex and new badboy the Spinosaur.
Check out Empire and SFX magazines for indepth previews and pictures...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.