GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite film quotes?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/01 at 21:40
Regular
There are some brilliant lines in films but what is your favourite ever line in a film.

I'd say mine has either got to be out of Glengary Glenross or a Samuel L Jackson line. Errrrr.....probably.....

1)Put that coffee down (Glengarry Glenross - Alec Baldwin)
2)The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the enequaties of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will sheperds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. (Pulp Fiction - do I really need to say who says it)
3)You damn right (Shaft - again, do I really need to say)

I could probably think of a better line from GlenGary Glenroos but 'these forums can be viewed by people of all ages and therefore bad language will not be tolerated'.
Thu 26/07/01 at 01:44
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Have you tried teh Kevin Smith quote's quiz? Liked from www.viewaskew.com

Have to admit, my personal Kevin Smith quote has to be:

"I'm a firm beliver in the philosophy of a ruling
class; espically since I rule"

Said by Randal in Clerks

Though I quite like ...

"You're going to listen to something I said? Haven't I made it abundantly clear during the tenure of our friendship that I don't know ?"

That was someone in Mallrats.
Wed 25/07/01 at 21:25
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Meka_Dragon wrote:
> Jackie Brown:

Samuel L Jackson says something like "AK47
> When you absolutley, positively have to take out every muddy funster
> in the building - Accept no substitute!"

.....in the room. Just correcting you.

:)
Wed 25/07/01 at 11:39
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Mallrats:

Did you ever fart in front of Brandy?
..no why?
Last week I farted, today she dumps me
Don't you think that's a little shallow?
She was going down on me at the time
Dude, if all she did is dump you, you got off light
Wed 25/07/01 at 11:33
Regular
"not dead"
Jackie Brown:

Samuel L Jackson says something like "AK47 When you absolutley, positively have to take out every muddy funster in the building - Accept no substitute!"
Wed 25/07/01 at 11:24
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
My favs from Kevin Smith movies:

My cousin Walter got a cat stuck in his ash
Olaf here is in a metal band, Olaf..metal face!
Ok Lunchbox, let's try this again
Nothing worse than watching a fat man weep
Wed 25/07/01 at 11:01
"The pen is mightier"
"Time`s up!"

King of cool, Jeff Goldblum in ID4, just as his trusty, multi-tasking, super interfacing laptop also manages to inform him about the impending end of the world via massive Alien attack all co-ordinated within our own TV and Satallite signal... WOW!! : )
Mon 23/07/01 at 13:57
Regular
"You've upset me"
RastaBillySkank wrote:

"When I press one of
> these black buttons, on these black consoles, on a black backround,
> a black light lights up blak to let me know that I've done
> it!"

Whoops,got that wrong :-D

"When I press one of these black buttons labelled black on a black backround, a black light lights up black to let me know that I've done it!"

heheheh, I love that one ;-D
Mon 23/07/01 at 13:56
Regular
"You've upset me"
wasn't a film (I don't think) but this is a personal favourite from The Hitch Hikers Guide To the Galaxy:

"When I press one of these black buttons, on these black consoles, on a black backround, a black light lights up blak to let me know that I've done it!"

and

"I wonder what happens if I press this button"
"I wouldn't!"
"Oh!"
"What happened?"
"A sign lit up saying please do not press this button again"

:-DDDDDD
Mon 23/07/01 at 13:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"He's mostly dead" Princess Bride

"The book says we may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us" Magnolia
Mon 23/07/01 at 13:50
Regular
"You've upset me"
"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a packet of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing shades" - Love that one, The Blues Brothers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.