GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favourite film quotes?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/07/01 at 21:40
Regular
There are some brilliant lines in films but what is your favourite ever line in a film.

I'd say mine has either got to be out of Glengary Glenross or a Samuel L Jackson line. Errrrr.....probably.....

1)Put that coffee down (Glengarry Glenross - Alec Baldwin)
2)The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the enequaties of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will sheperds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. (Pulp Fiction - do I really need to say who says it)
3)You damn right (Shaft - again, do I really need to say)

I could probably think of a better line from GlenGary Glenroos but 'these forums can be viewed by people of all ages and therefore bad language will not be tolerated'.
Mon 09/07/01 at 21:40
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
There are some brilliant lines in films but what is your favourite ever line in a film.

I'd say mine has either got to be out of Glengary Glenross or a Samuel L Jackson line. Errrrr.....probably.....

1)Put that coffee down (Glengarry Glenross - Alec Baldwin)
2)The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the enequaties of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will sheperds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. (Pulp Fiction - do I really need to say who says it)
3)You damn right (Shaft - again, do I really need to say)

I could probably think of a better line from GlenGary Glenroos but 'these forums can be viewed by people of all ages and therefore bad language will not be tolerated'.
Mon 09/07/01 at 21:57
Regular
"How can you shoot the devil in the back?" - The Usual Suspects.
Mon 09/07/01 at 21:58
Regular
One of my favourites, anyway. I think I'll have a think.
Mon 09/07/01 at 22:04
"I love yo... lamp."
What about "he lost his head" Keanu Reeves Speed or... I will come up with some other good ones soon.
Tue 10/07/01 at 19:08
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
"And like that, puff, he's gone!"

(Puff doesn't really sound right)
Wed 11/07/01 at 00:25
"the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist" - also 'The Usual Suspects'
Wed 11/07/01 at 08:47
Regular
"not dead"
True Romance:

Clarence: "What the *fun* is a Drexyl?"
Alabama: "He was my pimp!"

Dennis Hoppers monologue in the same movie is rather amusing.

Anything Brad Pitt says in True Romance is hilarious too.
Wed 11/07/01 at 09:13
Regular
"We're out of options. We've got less choices than a Welsh fish and chip shop."

Lister, from one of the Red Dwarf episodes, not sure which.
Wed 11/07/01 at 09:15
Regular
"Anyone who isn't dead or from another plane of existence would do well to cover their ears, right about . . . now."

and

"Stop a couple of angels from entering and thus negating all existence. I hate when people need it spelled out for them."

Both from Dogma
Wed 11/07/01 at 09:20
Regular
"And the Lord spoke, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shalt be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out! Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thou foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

Monty Python and the Holy Grail, one of so many good quotes out of an hilarious film

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.