GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo DS.... Sony PSP..... Microsoft ???.... find out here!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 05/06/04 at 11:25
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
There a new hand-held doing the rounds, getting peoples attention, and it's actually being created by a UK company. Tiger Telematics.

And what's this hand-held called...

Gizmondo!

What sort of stupid name is THAT!?!

And take a look at some pics of the thing :-
[URL]http://www.cookygames.co.uk/Console/Images/Hand-Held/gizmondo1a.jpg[/URL]
[URL]http://www.cookygames.co.uk/Console/Images/Hand-Held/gizmondo2a.jpg[/URL]
[URL]http://www.cookygames.co.uk/Console/Images/Hand-Held/gizmondo3a.jpg[/URL]

Also, here's the official site for it :-
[URL]http://www.gizmondo.com/flash.asp[/URL]

What do people think of this new hand-held endevour? Is it going to over saturate the hand-held market?
Soon we'll have the GBA, GBA-SP, NDS, PSP, Gizmondo, and GBA2... meh, toooo many!

:)
Tue 08/06/04 at 14:59
Regular
Edgy wrote:

>
> A new Zelda game using the same game engine would be more suitable.

No using the Wind Waker engine...

A continuation of the cel-shaded adventures to go along with the realistic and 2D Zelda's. The other screen could allow you to drop bombs as tingle :D
Tue 08/06/04 at 13:47
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It would be my fourth copy as well. Would be nice to play it on the move, but a new game would be better as I said.
Tue 08/06/04 at 13:02
Regular
Ocarina of Time on DS would suck.

Why?

Because I have it on two different discs on the GameCube and have it on the N64 as well.

So why would I want it a fourth time?

A new Zelda game using the same game engine would be more suitable.
Tue 08/06/04 at 12:39
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Oh, bit of news. Zelda DS is confirmed :) It's "something for the future" so hopefully we'll see it at next year's E3. Ejii Anounma (sp?) did say though the title was yet to be given a name.. which kind of suggests it's not just going to be "Ocarina of Time DS".. although that would rock.
Mon 07/06/04 at 21:49
Regular
The GBA of course plays old GB and GBC software which the DS doesn't and also connects to the cube and the GBA doesn't.

The SP will also be around £50 in comparison to the DS's 100 plus and the PSP's 200 price tag.

The SP has some nice software (including Pokemon) and a massive price drop before christmas (note the GBA SP has never had a price drop and seeing as it is a continuation over the previous GBA... then the franchise has never had a proper price drop) then it will be the most attractive of all handhelds.
Mon 07/06/04 at 18:42
"period drama"
At least you can sound like Fonzie.
"Ayyyyyyyy .... gizmondo."
Mon 07/06/04 at 16:29
Regular
They would need to lower the prices of the actual GBA games a bit - after all, there's a possibility the DS games will actually be cheaper - considering the carts are cheaper to make than GBA ones.
Mon 07/06/04 at 16:07
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Dringo wrote:
> But the SP will be cheap, it will play simplistic games at very
> attractive prices and ideal for on the go gaming.

The price tag of £25-30 at the moment is still FAAARRR too much. If this doesn't significantly drop when the DS comes out... then why will people still want to buy them!?!

:)
Mon 07/06/04 at 15:54
Regular
"bit of a brain"
When the DS comes out, few actual SP consoles will be bought, I'll wager, simply because why would you buy an SP when you could get a DS, which plays all the SP games + the all new DS games? But as long as people still release games for the GBA, then it won't matter, because software sales should INCREASE, as people with the DS might buy the games as well: people who didnt have GBAs previously. I mean, if you get a DS, you would do well to pick up Advance Wars, Golden Sun, ZeldaLTTP and some of the Mario games, if you had never played them on the GBA.
Mon 07/06/04 at 15:12
Regular
Not straight away, but by the end of the year they'll drop significantly and then be pretty dead the year after.

Based on previous "replaced consoles"... :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.