GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I want to be a Mod"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/11/09 at 10:39
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
The title says it all really, I fancy being a Moderator. I have more chance to visit this site again now and would fancy my old role back.

We need to get this and the games forum moving. Lets get it on!
Fri 20/11/09 at 10:39
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
The title says it all really, I fancy being a Moderator. I have more chance to visit this site again now and would fancy my old role back.

We need to get this and the games forum moving. Lets get it on!
Fri 20/11/09 at 11:11
Regular
"THFC"
I would also like to join in on this - i think the games forum is my main area and would be keen to help remove / edit some of the useless posts we get and add some nice new attractive ones!
Fri 20/11/09 at 11:25
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Submit an official query then. I posted about this a while ago. I've had the submissions though by now if i'm honest, but I'm always open to enquiries. :D

We will have a new team on Jan 1st by the way. This is not dead set, and any new entrants will be considered.
Fri 20/11/09 at 11:37
Regular
I dunno Jubba, do you have any experience?

First we need to delete the creative writing sub-forum. I tried to get people to be creative, but no one was even remotely interested.

Next we need a sub-forum for non-game reviews. At the moment they do not appear in the review forum at all unless you scroll down a huge list past Playstation reviews, SNES reviews and NES reviews (why are these even listed? Even GP doesn't want to review them and he's our retro god). Oh wait Emmie posted some.

Then we need to be able to type SPOILERS without a 0 appearing between the R and S.*

Unfortunately the forum isn't popular anymore so I don't think we need global moderators like we needed in the past. So lets have 2 mods per forum.

Chat : pb and [?]
Technical : Hmmm and [?]**
Games : Grandprix and [?]
Reviews : [?] and [?]

* - oh cool they fixed it, give the man a gold star
** - does Digitrader still come here?

And finally to make things fair and balanced from now on like Staffies, Moderators are not eligible to win GADs. Instead you will receive an annual salary of £9000. If you don't like that then tough, live with it.
Fri 20/11/09 at 12:02
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Not quite sure how to take that post. The sub forum section has already been discussed and is on it's way. Systems team just need to implement it.

The forum team is getting a shake up and I have communicated with each, and as I said in my previous post, new team and roles Jan 1st.

Thirdly, Digitrader posted this morning..... ;D
Fri 20/11/09 at 12:04
Regular
Oh, then everything is already being taken care of then :) Good good.
Fri 20/11/09 at 12:28
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Well not everything.... :D

But I am trying. As best I can. I am but one man :D
Fri 20/11/09 at 12:36
Regular
Well you do a great job, the other staffies too. :) I can't speak for the others but I appreciate what you guys do.
Fri 20/11/09 at 13:26
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
I feel a special challenge called "Don't enter 'cos Machie is going to win anyway" coming up :D

Of course I'm joking for those worriers out there :)
Fri 20/11/09 at 14:26
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
Machie wrote:
> I dunno Jubba, do you have any experience?

Yes, about 11 months spent at Freeola working as the main mod for the forums, that do?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.