GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I want to be a Mod"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 20/11/09 at 10:39
Regular
"WeAppearToBeOnFire"
The title says it all really, I fancy being a Moderator. I have more chance to visit this site again now and would fancy my old role back.

We need to get this and the games forum moving. Lets get it on!
Tue 24/11/09 at 14:28
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Haha I think I may have won something that I have no idea I was involved in :S But still, yay!
Mon 23/11/09 at 20:47
Regular
"How Ironic"
Grandprix wrote:
> Dictionary.com has 'snarky' as rudely sarcastic, disrespectful,
> irritable or short-tempered.

Aye, that sounds like Hmmm ;P

Thanks for the definition GP :D
Mon 23/11/09 at 19:48
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Dictionary.com has 'snarky' as rudely sarcastic, disrespectful, irritable or short-tempered.
Mon 23/11/09 at 19:10
Regular
Machie wrote:
> Which is the ideal moderator for Freeola?
>
> evilpb : This guy hides in the shadows, he hardly ever posts, but
> he'll read everything and jump in whenever a rule is broke.

Lol, evil pb. My favourite nickname for pb was "Old Man Lead", coined by some ruffian from pm.
Mon 23/11/09 at 18:59
Regular
"How Ironic"
I declare Warhunt the winner of the match, due to the fact he's a staff member. Sorry lads :P Yeh, i have to say i've noticed your little linky at the bottom of every post. I thought you had special privileges or something! :P But yeh, as Hmmm said, and from Freeola's perspective, as long as it links to a Freeola Hosted Website, there shouldn't be a problem.

I'm 50/50 about smileys in forums, sometimes they can look tacky, it's just a typical forum look, then again, it brightens the place up, and they're used in MSN etc. 24/7.

*EDIT* And Machie loses a goal for using the word Snarky - anyone finds out what it means, please post :)
Mon 23/11/09 at 18:53
"Are you sure?"
Machie wrote:
> give us signatures for real...

Sounds like a good idea as long as you link to Freeola Hosted websites!
Did you know you also get free web space when you become a Freeola ADSL customer...

I think I hear the final whistle - time for my bath.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Mon 23/11/09 at 18:49
Regular
Warhunt wrote:
> There is no rule specifically against it, you can do the same if
> you wish. And I'm kinda for it to be honest, as it links to a
> very helpful site. ;)

He's giving you a cut of his adsense isn't he? Heh. How about you give us signatures for real, so he doesnt have to keep copying and pasting it in. Oh and Garin wants Smileys too.

> What does snarky mean? :S

Ask the human dictionary :)
Mon 23/11/09 at 18:46
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
There is no rule specifically against it, you can do the same if you wish. And I'm kinda for it to be honest, as it links to a very helpful site. ;)

What does snarky mean? :S
Mon 23/11/09 at 18:45
Regular
"How Ironic"
Is that another goal scored there?
Machie 2
Hmmm 1

Although Hmmm did say he would step down to give others ago (IMO, unneccessary, but still, what a great guy! ;D)
Machie 2
Hmmm 2

Thinks it's time for the penalty shootout :P
Mon 23/11/09 at 18:39
Regular
Sonic Chris wrote:
> Yeh Hmmm you do a great job, i mean you're mostly involved with
> the technical side of the forum, which i don't understand at all,
> but i always see your name in the technical forum, occassionally
> straying over to the normal chat :P You're far better than
> Machie ;D

The funny thing is, before Hmmm made his snarky comment I almost used him as an example of the kind of moderator I was on about. He is very helpful and definitely a good moderator. Although I disagree with him using a signature.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.