GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Limewire Help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/01/07 at 06:59
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Err i appear to deleted all my music by accident. I went into Library and thinking i was clearing the records, deleted the saved files. They've not gone to the recycle bin so i cant just restore them.
It's 2 years worth of downloads and rare songs that it took me ages to find, so i will cry if i cant get them back. Can anyone help?
Tue 02/01/07 at 21:20
Regular
"Twenty quid."
They're not selling as well as hoped, apparently, but still not too badly. The prices only tend to drop slightly but the specifications get bumped up from time to time.

Things like new hardware releases, price drops or specification bumps tend to happen around major events like the Macworld Conference & Expo starting January 8th - a lot of the Mac faithful spend their year waiting for these events.
Tue 02/01/07 at 21:13
Regular
When the Mac minis came out I wanted to get one. But I havent heard anything about them since then. I wonder if they are selling well. I'm hoping they've gone down in price.
Tue 02/01/07 at 21:09
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Chaos wrote:
> Because then they would be liars.

Used one have you? I hope so.

Macs are not incompatible: they use the same hardware as PCs and virtually every peripheral you can buy will work with a Mac. They are designed to be not-very-upgradeale, though, as Apple like to be able to control what hardware their software is run on - this is quite limiting but it also helps control backwards compatibility like games consoles do.

Obviously you can't just run Windows applications under OS X but using something like Parallels you can run a virtual Windows machine on your Mac. Also, since Macs started using Intel processors, they can dual boot into Windows using Boot Camp.

The problem with games on Macs is solely down to the fact that due to the relatively small market share they have, developers don't bother making versions of their games for OS X.

PCs will always have the edge over Macs in terms of upgradeability, though, as it's easy to open up a PC and swap components but Macs have superior software.

At the end of the day it always comes down to personal choice: some people like PCs and Windows and hate Macs and OS X ... and vice versa. Me? I don't hate Windows but buying my iMac was one of the best purchases I've made, computer-wise, along with my Commodore Amiga 1200 and the new MacBook I ordered on Sunday.
Tue 02/01/07 at 20:31
Regular
Chaos wrote:
> Geffdof wrote:
> Why did nobody tell me Macs are good?
>
> Because then they would be liars.

I like that :)

Though I'm swaying to the idea of MACs being decent since I had a play on my mates MAC Laptop ... seems a decent bit of kit ...
Tue 02/01/07 at 19:53
Regular
"Mooching around"
Geffdof wrote:
> Why did nobody tell me Macs are good?

Because then they would be liars.
Tue 02/01/07 at 18:35
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
There are a bunch of Mac games, as anybody who's never bothered to check the contents of a torrent before will have found out, but you're going to be very limited, yeah.
Tue 02/01/07 at 18:26
Regular
"lets go back"
I virtually never play games on my PC anyway.
Tue 02/01/07 at 18:24
Regular
I swear the only game you can play is the sims.
Tue 02/01/07 at 18:18
Regular
"lets go back"
Why did nobody tell me Macs are good? I was still under the impression that nothing was compatible and all they did was video editing.
Tue 02/01/07 at 17:59
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Wait until OS X 10.5 Leopard comes out next year - 'Time Machine' is a part of it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.