GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Toadstool Tour: Early Impressions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour'.
Fri 18/06/04 at 11:11
Regular
"tokyo police club"
From waking up, getting dressed (new Leeds shirt, hurrah, and checking downstairs for the post, I've been playing on Mario Golf. Bear in mind that I have never touched the 64 version, and, therefore, I can't compare it to the earlier version or whatever.

For the last hour or so, I've been playing through a tournament (on Laiktu), playing the Ring Challenges and just finished a match-up against Luigi, and, in two words, I can accuratelky describe it as a golf sim - above average. If this was back on the 64, it'd be superb as a golf sim. But now, with the new ways to hit the ball with the analogue stick, it justr looks aged.

But, if you're buying a Mario game to be a simulator then there is something up with you, seriously. Being able to 'compliment' the other player and fill his screen with 'let's go!', 'you're the best' by button smashing is a good touch, and could do well in multiplayer, and the range of characters bodes well for playability.

I'm going back for another go. I'll post back with some more thoughts later on.
Fri 18/06/04 at 16:24
Regular
"Underbean"
yer but if the put mary kate and ashley in a bin everyone would cry
Fri 18/06/04 at 16:28
Regular
"tokyo police club"
chatterbox wrote:
> i dont see how golf games are good, all you do is controll the power
> and where u want to hit the ball and thats it, talk about too much
> controll of your character NOT!

Precision, aiming, power, pressure. Making the final putt on the 18th hole on a course know that, if you miss, you've just wasted your last 20 minutes is quite tense, don'cha know. And with Mario + the gang it's heightened, that sense of fun.

> i fail to see why they cant spend all
> the money they spent on mario golf and put it all in the making of
> mario 128, if they'd stop making these rubbish games then the
> exclusive games they make will be more better

Did you ever think that they may make MORE money than they spent on Mario Golf, thus getting them more money to spend on games like Mario 128? And you realise Mario golf was made by Camelot, whereas Mario 128 is being made by Nintendo?
Fri 18/06/04 at 16:29
Regular
"tokyo police club"
chatterbox wrote:
> yer but if the put mary kate and ashley in a bin everyone would cry
eh?
Fri 18/06/04 at 16:30
Regular
"Underbean"
i meen its such a good game mr muscle wouldnt have too play it cos everyone likes it twice
Fri 18/06/04 at 16:35
Regular
"tokyo police club"
You're just spurting random rubbish to waste posts now, aren't you?
Fri 18/06/04 at 16:38
Regular
"Underbean"
how is it wasting posts, im putting across my point that mario golf is rubbish for nintendo and mary kate and ashly is goood for aclaim
Fri 18/06/04 at 16:39
Regular
"tokyo police club"
No, I was referring to the fact that your last 2 replies had made no sense whatsoever
Fri 18/06/04 at 16:41
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Have you met my friend, El Robin?
Fri 18/06/04 at 16:42
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
El Robin is better than these two jokers, but still, they were all last in line when brains were handed out.
Fri 18/06/04 at 16:45
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Toadstool Tour refuses to give me a course with a chain chomp on.

GIMME ONE!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.