GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Toadstool Tour: Early Impressions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour'.
Fri 18/06/04 at 11:11
Regular
"tokyo police club"
From waking up, getting dressed (new Leeds shirt, hurrah, and checking downstairs for the post, I've been playing on Mario Golf. Bear in mind that I have never touched the 64 version, and, therefore, I can't compare it to the earlier version or whatever.

For the last hour or so, I've been playing through a tournament (on Laiktu), playing the Ring Challenges and just finished a match-up against Luigi, and, in two words, I can accuratelky describe it as a golf sim - above average. If this was back on the 64, it'd be superb as a golf sim. But now, with the new ways to hit the ball with the analogue stick, it justr looks aged.

But, if you're buying a Mario game to be a simulator then there is something up with you, seriously. Being able to 'compliment' the other player and fill his screen with 'let's go!', 'you're the best' by button smashing is a good touch, and could do well in multiplayer, and the range of characters bodes well for playability.

I'm going back for another go. I'll post back with some more thoughts later on.
Fri 18/06/04 at 13:02
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Links was slightly easy.

But, with a mate, it shines.
Fri 18/06/04 at 13:14
Regular
"tokyo police club"
One observation - Mario Golf requires much skill.
Fri 18/06/04 at 13:31
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Good. I can't wait for tomorrow- Xbox Live and TT.

Cool.
Fri 18/06/04 at 13:37
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Bad choice, chipseh. Live will dominate, due to its addictiveness, and you'll forget about poor old TT.

:(
Fri 18/06/04 at 13:41
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
But I love Mario Golf, and I only have one Live-enabled game anyway. :)
Fri 18/06/04 at 13:50
Regular
Links 2004 is excellent, best golf game to date.
Fri 18/06/04 at 16:07
Regular
"Whatever!"
Microchips wrote:
> I loved the N64 version, one of my favourite games.

Same here, must have been one of my most played N64 games. Getting Toadstool Tour next week.
Fri 18/06/04 at 16:10
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'll get it cheap I think.

And Matt is correct. When you first get Live it's scarily addictive.

But only if you have Pandora Tommorrow, Rainbow Six 3 and PGR2, and maybe Rallisport 2 as well!

;)
Fri 18/06/04 at 16:18
Regular
"Underbean"
i dont see how golf games are good, all you do is controll the power and where u want to hit the ball and thats it, talk about too much controll of your character NOT! i fail to see why they cant spend all the money they spent on mario golf and put it all in the making of mario 128, if they'd stop making these rubbish games then the exclusive games they make will be more better
Fri 18/06/04 at 16:20
Regular
If they put all the money spent on Mario Party 5, Mario Party 4, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Kart, etc, etc, into one game, we would be much worse off.

Anyway, they have a variety of development teams. Nintendo doesn't consist of one person.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.