GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Toadstool Tour: Early Impressions"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour'.
Fri 18/06/04 at 11:11
Regular
"tokyo police club"
From waking up, getting dressed (new Leeds shirt, hurrah, and checking downstairs for the post, I've been playing on Mario Golf. Bear in mind that I have never touched the 64 version, and, therefore, I can't compare it to the earlier version or whatever.

For the last hour or so, I've been playing through a tournament (on Laiktu), playing the Ring Challenges and just finished a match-up against Luigi, and, in two words, I can accuratelky describe it as a golf sim - above average. If this was back on the 64, it'd be superb as a golf sim. But now, with the new ways to hit the ball with the analogue stick, it justr looks aged.

But, if you're buying a Mario game to be a simulator then there is something up with you, seriously. Being able to 'compliment' the other player and fill his screen with 'let's go!', 'you're the best' by button smashing is a good touch, and could do well in multiplayer, and the range of characters bodes well for playability.

I'm going back for another go. I'll post back with some more thoughts later on.
Mon 12/07/04 at 18:25
Regular
Sorry for popping got it the other day i'm loving it a bit more now i'm not half awake.. and i've hit the flag and pin a couple of times already.
Teeing off is easy enough but when it comes to putting.. oh crap.
Thu 01/07/04 at 09:38
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Bah, I haven't even hot the flag stick from the tee, yet.
Thu 01/07/04 at 09:35
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I got my first hole-in-one yesterday!
It was on one of the par-3s in the Bowser course championship with Star Mario. I aimed up OK, took account for the fairly strong wind, then timed the hit to perfection. It sailed through the air and bounced high on the fringe of the green, bounced a few more times before bouncing right into the hole off the flag stick.

Ultra satisfying, and it helped me win the championship too.

I also got a few good Eagles too, one of which was from a shot I thought was terrible; was slightly miss-timed so I thought it was going to be lucky if it found the green, but it went in!
Wed 30/06/04 at 19:48
Regular
The taunting would work so much better with analogue control.
Wed 30/06/04 at 19:44
"Shotgun+Zombie=Mess"
Taunting your opponents is pretty good aswell - I well annoyed my mate the other day - He was going for an eagle putt but then the sound of Yoshi jabbering put him off and he missed.
Wed 30/06/04 at 18:25
Regular
"tokyo police club"
It's amazing. Mario style settings and stuff make it magnificent.
Wed 30/06/04 at 18:22
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Nearly a hole-in-one on a Par 4 with Bowser today. Got 19 under on the first course as well. Mostly birdies, a couple of eagles and one par. WinnAr!
Wed 30/06/04 at 14:53
"Majestic"
why not?
Wed 30/06/04 at 14:25
Regular
I don't like it.

*hides*
Wed 30/06/04 at 13:28
"Majestic"
I'm thinking about getting Toadstool tour, but i don't really know if its my cupper tea. I don't really like golf, nor do I like golf Sims like Tiger Woods. But the screenshots make me want to get this baby. Does it have some fun features; features that make the game really stand out? (Mario Kart stands out from other racers because you can use weapons, and have 2 people on one kart – that’s the type of features I am talking about) - I’m really indecisive these days. Is this game for me?

Otherwise I might be tempted to try PSO III . . .

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.