GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Viewtiful Joe"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Viewtiful Joe'.
Fri 25/06/04 at 22:26
Regular
"Arghh Me Heel"
I've been wondering for a while if i should get this. It is ne of the most sceptical games for me this year. The graphics and gameplay have been awarded with the recognition of 3 award nominations. Its just the style of the game that im not sure about. Do you think i should get it or not?
Fri 30/07/04 at 21:28
Regular
"Arghh Me Heel"
Yep, check gamespot. Cant wait, this ,Killer 7, Killzone , Dynasty Warriors : Empires and GTA :)
Fri 30/07/04 at 17:25
Regular
"Bicycle"
IT'S COMING OUT ON PS2?!??!?!111111111111111111111

PSW are dissapointing me these days, letting that slip by me... Played it for an hour in a shop on the GC before they kicked me out for harassing the other children who wanted to play the GC.

Ugh. It's not fair, I'm bigger. Also, I was holding the controller, and possesion is 9/10's of the law...
Fri 30/07/04 at 10:56
Regular
"America, _ yeah!!"
Cant wait for this. Got it on Pre-order.

The only thing that has been bothering me. This is a definite sell with any console, so why choose GC when theres PS" and X-box with more people?
Sat 26/06/04 at 17:46
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Mav wrote:
> It may well be better, but I'm actually getting more enjoyment out of
> Driv3r - which is drawing me back to playing it far more than
> Viewtiful Joe.

exactly what i would say. the first couple of sessions on VJ you couldn't peel me from the screen, but after a short time it has no drawing ability.
Sat 26/06/04 at 17:42
Regular
Cyclone wrote:
> Viewtiful Joe owns Dri3r Mav. VJ owns almost everything.

I didn't say it didn't.

It may well be better, but I'm actually getting more enjoyment out of Driv3r - which is drawing me back to playing it far more than Viewtiful Joe.
Sat 26/06/04 at 17:17
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I didn't think it was as hard as you guys are making it. I mean i've always had a knack for fighting games in general, but i don't think i'm amazing. What's so hard about it, apart from the fact it's a typical jap game and has imbalances in difficulty between bosses and cronies?

Basically I would buy it mate, but have it in mind to resell it asap. it lacks a 2 player mode which would make it stunning, but impossible to control. It's a game you keep on gunning through and enjoying from start to finish. However i have become slightly bored at the lack of depth in levels.

I'll sum it up like this: When i saw it listed for ps2 release, the edges of my mouth curved upwards a little.
:D
Sat 26/06/04 at 16:40
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Viewtiful Joe, i thought was very difficult but great graphics and stunning effects, well worth getting it tho
Sat 26/06/04 at 16:38
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Depends on what type of games you prefer really. I think Vietiful Joe is stunning, but I like cars more so I'd choose D3 everytime.

:)
Sat 26/06/04 at 12:22
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Viewtiful Joe owns Dri3r Mav. VJ owns almost everything.
Sat 26/06/04 at 11:01
"Hi"
I got it done on kid mode then died 100's of times on adult, I really feel like playing it though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.