GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which do YOU think is the best next-gen console?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/07/01 at 22:11
Regular
Hi, my name's Adam and as now is the time where many of the new geveration consoles have been realeased and there's still this question- whichk is the best? The answer is- none of them you cannot define which is the best. It is up to each individual person. Every console seems to hve it's own things going for it. The Dreamcast WAS the first next- gen console to be released yet, as the saturn did before it it is now pretty much dead. I, being a Dreamcast owner will argue that it shouldn't have happened- it has possibly the best games line up on any games console so far but it's true that sega possibly rushed it, maybve knowing it was their last stab at success. The PS2 has a huge amount of support from Psone owners and it has a few stunning games on it, it also has a stylish image and is attractive to any age of punters but i hate the fact that sony are already palnning the PS3! PS2 owners deserve some longlivety outof their £300 box. Then we come onto the Gamecube- in my opinion this is looking to be the best to be released in the next few years but many people think it looks too childish and thiunk that games will be aimed at children. They need to take some time to look at treasures such as Eternal Darkness and so on. I think i may be going on a bit now so I'll leave you to your opinions on Xbox and the rest. I will be interested to see what you think. Get back to me
Adam
Fri 06/07/01 at 22:37
Waiting to see which is best, or best suited to you is probably the safest bet. Although if you have to buy then the Playstation2 is the best console available at present, and according to predictions it will remain the most popular console till 2005.

However although I like Nintendo I wouldnt ignore the X-box with exclusive titles like DinoCrisis3 in its lineup, it may suprise people.

I for one was very impressed with DinoCrisis2 on the Playstation however the open ending which left the game open for a sequel meant that Im very eager to play the third installment. :-)
Fri 06/07/01 at 20:32
Or maybe a better way - to play all the consoles, then make a final decision after going through each cosole one by one. You'd save alot of money.
Fri 06/07/01 at 20:24
I've come to the conclusion that the only way to decipher which is the best console is to buy all of them.
Fri 06/07/01 at 16:56
I've refused to get a PS2 since its release but now there is a good lineup i'm definitely going to get one. I'll probably get one when Final fantasy or Metal gear solid 2 comes out.

The good games coming out dwarf the amount of good games now. Sony has finally got its act together. Having said that I'm still anticipating the Gamecube more than anything else.
Fri 06/07/01 at 16:40
I think most people have already siad this in some form but at the end of the day it comes down to what you like to play. If you like well crafted extremly playable games then Sega and Nintendo are the kings of that. I personally do not like the PS2 at the moment as there are not many good games for it (apart from SSX and Timesplitters) but by the time the Gamecube and Xbox come out there will be quite few including those from Sega.

You shouldn't base what you should buy due to the power of the consol as they are so fast now that they will all run games that look good and play well. just look at the PS2 version of Crazy Taxi is it better than the dreamcast's? the PS2 is more powerfull but its hard to program and they still need to get used to it.

Buy all consoles and you won't have to make a desicion, if you start saving now you maybe able to afford them both! I am!
Fri 06/07/01 at 16:32
PS2 will still have the upper hand and I don't think any of the next generation of consoles would be able to catch them up.
Fri 06/07/01 at 15:09
Regular
"DS..."
With the gba and gamecube working together Nintendo will be unstopable! just think of the possibilities...
slik(_)
Fri 06/07/01 at 12:24
Like a vmu. I want it.

I think Nintendo should use blank GBA carts as memory cards where games and saved data could be saved from the Gamecube.
Fri 06/07/01 at 10:55
Nintendo will eventually release an add on for the GameBoyAdvance that allows subgames to be loaded into it via the GameCube. The question is when they will release this, they would still make a profit as people would still have to buy the GameCube games.
Fri 06/07/01 at 00:12
Regular
New Jimmy wrote:
Im expecting something special from Nintendo with
> this...hopefully Nintendo will bundle the Gamecube game with a
> GameBoyAdvance transfer pack that will allow you to download a
> subgame into your GameBoyAdvance....That would be special.

Like thats ever gonna happen. Nintendo will most likely sell it seperatly to make more money. Saying that however, this GBA-GC link up could prove to be a major selling point for the Gamecube. The GBA already has a huge user base, and a free transfer pack with the GC could persuade more people to go for a gamecube.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.