GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top Posters"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/07/01 at 14:55
Regular
I remember the days we only knew the top posters when Tony chose to post a list of 10.

I was always in that top ten, but insisted that soon I would not be, due to work and family life.

As such I find myself currently at 37 in terms of posts, but 11th all time.

What does make me pleased is that currently I'm 14th in terms of words over the last 30 days, and 4th all time highest word poster.

I'm glad I'm higher up in words than posts, as I believe that it is the quality of post, not the quantity that contributes more to making theseforums better.

It just goes to show that I'm not posting too many of those one line replies anymore!

I like being able to look at the Top Posters too, even though it's essentially pointless.

I also like having a 'chat' forum like this one, as I don't feel quite so bad cluttering this forum with dull posts like this one. :-)

I wonder if ':-)' counts as a word?
Mon 09/07/01 at 13:02
"possibly impossible"
Now I'm not anywhere near the top of the list for the number of posts, but then I'm often working or unable to get on the net.

If Grix, er-no and many other quality posters are at the top because they have posted a lot, then it's fine, as I know they will mostly have posted good topics or useful replies.

The people I can't stand are those that just spam the forums to get their word count up.

As it is, I'm just replying to stuff I feel I have something to contribute to and creating the odd topic here and there when I have something to say. I don't really want to repeat topics unless I feel I have something new to add (and where topics are repeated by most of my esteemed collegues here, they usually include something new or relevant to current events)

That said, the chat forum is a great idea that took a while to get used to, but seems to be very useful as a meeting place and exchange of ideas and jokes (both good and bad...)
Mon 09/07/01 at 11:30
Welcome back er-no, :)
Mon 09/07/01 at 03:05
Regular
"everyone says it"
Meka, to say that words are importent is true but then again in a few cases it depends on how the person posts?!

I'm a poster that will very very rarely click on the 'reply quoting this message' link, and even when I do that I edit it for what is relevant.. In other peoples cases (no names) I will always see a whole quote reply when only a few of the original words are relevant..

But as long as you are happy...

:D
Thu 05/07/01 at 20:14
Regular
"You've upset me"
All right then. I won't see you til next Friday, bye!
Thu 05/07/01 at 20:14
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
There must be a way.
Thu 05/07/01 at 20:11
Regular
"MJ:Newbie Hunter!"
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Go on then, what is it?

Oh my god I have been sussed....."RUN!"

I gotta go nnow and do my english essay. Its on Star Wars. At least i have Kiss House Nation on the radio to keep me company.
Thu 05/07/01 at 20:05
Regular
"You've upset me"
Go on then, what is it?
Thu 05/07/01 at 19:59
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> Lol.

Hang on, you don't know why e-mail address. You know my
> Hotmail one but not my proper one :-P

I wouldn't be so sure RBS. I have my ways........};>
Thu 05/07/01 at 19:56
Regular
"You've upset me"
Lol.

Hang on, you don't know why e-mail address. You know my Hotmail one but not my proper one :-P
Thu 05/07/01 at 19:51
Regular
RastaBillySkank wrote:
> There's noly one way you can find out my IP Robin, and that's by
> knowing my PROPER e-mail address.

I will tell you it if you want Robin.........

*MJ slowly puts his hand out to RBs signaling for a bribe.....RBS slowly raises his fist and ramms it straight into MJs face*

...ouch!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.