GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top Posters"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/07/01 at 14:55
Regular
I remember the days we only knew the top posters when Tony chose to post a list of 10.

I was always in that top ten, but insisted that soon I would not be, due to work and family life.

As such I find myself currently at 37 in terms of posts, but 11th all time.

What does make me pleased is that currently I'm 14th in terms of words over the last 30 days, and 4th all time highest word poster.

I'm glad I'm higher up in words than posts, as I believe that it is the quality of post, not the quantity that contributes more to making theseforums better.

It just goes to show that I'm not posting too many of those one line replies anymore!

I like being able to look at the Top Posters too, even though it's essentially pointless.

I also like having a 'chat' forum like this one, as I don't feel quite so bad cluttering this forum with dull posts like this one. :-)

I wonder if ':-)' counts as a word?
Tue 10/07/01 at 01:28
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Dan, you also forget that you post many, many words.

In the correct order and in proper sentences.

Many, many words are good.
Tue 10/07/01 at 01:25
I have always tried to think of new
> original topics, sometimes they pay off, ('Ten Years Ago' and 'After
> XBox and GameCube') sometimes they are very bad but at least they
> offer a change from 'console wars'.

oooooooh.

You better change that mate. Maybe you forgot who did the thinking on that last GAD (Non XTra) win.

:)
Tue 10/07/01 at 01:17
Regular
"everyone says it"
As I said before, it really does depend on the style of how people post on the forums, some people spam, others quote and others just type original topics and replies...

... I have never entered a topic into the prime forum if it is alike something which has been entered around the same time. I have always tried to think of new original topics, sometimes they pay off, ('Ten Years Ago' and 'After XBox and GameCube') sometimes they are very bad but at least they offer a change from 'console wars'.

er-no has tried many topics:

Credits, music, gamer types, wars, stories, speed, future, past, present, companies, facts, what if... etc etc..

(Now was that not just the biggest load of waffle ever?)

I think so!
Mon 09/07/01 at 23:40
Regular
"Back in black"
To get some ideas of what to post for GAD- look at the winners list, see what prevoius winners have posted. Pick out the bits that stand out, and base a good reveiw about it!!
Mon 09/07/01 at 22:17
Regular
"Want a cd key.."
thats true lads if ya wanna win GAD post quality
not just rubbish.
and 4 meka. i think that they need 2 look at ur posts more closly if ur not in the top 10 if ur like the 4th words poster
Mon 09/07/01 at 20:59
"I love yo... lamp."
I know what you feel like Meka. I did post a few rubbish posts when I was near regular but I have always tried to concentrate on the quality of the post because tha is what wins GAD not qauntity. It shows that you post good posts when we see you at the top of the GAD winners. I just hope that you continue your good quality posts. do not actually know if ;-) is counted as a word. I might test it later.
Mon 09/07/01 at 14:32
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Wow, ok cool.

I posted that because of something Wookie put and following on from Cooldogs.
It's a topic that has stayed pretty fresh since Dogs opened up, I just wanted to make sure people know it will end when they leave school.

Cheers SR
Mon 09/07/01 at 14:28
"High polygon count"
Well done, Goaty.
Mon 09/07/01 at 14:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
eh?

Winning what?
Let me go check
Mon 09/07/01 at 14:04
Grix is the top of the top posters isn't he. I read Goatboy's topic, in the life forum. Respect, and well done for winning a film.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.