GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Top Posters"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/07/01 at 14:55
Regular
I remember the days we only knew the top posters when Tony chose to post a list of 10.

I was always in that top ten, but insisted that soon I would not be, due to work and family life.

As such I find myself currently at 37 in terms of posts, but 11th all time.

What does make me pleased is that currently I'm 14th in terms of words over the last 30 days, and 4th all time highest word poster.

I'm glad I'm higher up in words than posts, as I believe that it is the quality of post, not the quantity that contributes more to making theseforums better.

It just goes to show that I'm not posting too many of those one line replies anymore!

I like being able to look at the Top Posters too, even though it's essentially pointless.

I also like having a 'chat' forum like this one, as I don't feel quite so bad cluttering this forum with dull posts like this one. :-)

I wonder if ':-)' counts as a word?
Tue 03/07/01 at 14:55
Regular
"not dead"
I remember the days we only knew the top posters when Tony chose to post a list of 10.

I was always in that top ten, but insisted that soon I would not be, due to work and family life.

As such I find myself currently at 37 in terms of posts, but 11th all time.

What does make me pleased is that currently I'm 14th in terms of words over the last 30 days, and 4th all time highest word poster.

I'm glad I'm higher up in words than posts, as I believe that it is the quality of post, not the quantity that contributes more to making theseforums better.

It just goes to show that I'm not posting too many of those one line replies anymore!

I like being able to look at the Top Posters too, even though it's essentially pointless.

I also like having a 'chat' forum like this one, as I don't feel quite so bad cluttering this forum with dull posts like this one. :-)

I wonder if ':-)' counts as a word?
Tue 03/07/01 at 15:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Top Poster: No.4 with 1147 posts of 60016 words.

Greatest Poster: No. 14 with 2669 posts of 153439

Not too shabby.
Tue 03/07/01 at 15:03
Regular
Oh wow.. world's boring post again!
Tue 03/07/01 at 15:15
Im Top Poster number 31, says it all really :-(
Tue 03/07/01 at 15:16
Regular
Meka_Dragon wrote:
as I believe
> that it is the quality of post, not the quantity that contributes
> more to making theseforums better

So does it matter how many words you do? Not all long posts are high on quality as well.

:-)
Tue 03/07/01 at 15:16
Regular
New Jimmy wrote:
> Im Top Poster number 31, says it all really :-(

Wouldn't worry, i'm no 46.
Tue 03/07/01 at 17:00
Regular
"I like cheese"
Same for me Meka.

I'm 5th all-time for posts, and 2nd for words.

I like that.
Tue 03/07/01 at 17:05
For the number of words im 30 in the past 30 days and I'm 80 for all time, plus I'm not even in the other lists for the number of posts. arent I great!!

*HEAVY SARCASM*

Seeya
Tue 03/07/01 at 17:05
For the number of words im 30 in the past 30 days and I'm 80 for all time, plus I'm not even in the other lists for the number of posts. arent I great!!

*HEAVY SARCASM*

Seeya
Tue 03/07/01 at 17:09
I didnt mean to put the post up twice.

Oh well that means that I'll of gone up the rankings a bit. And Ive gone up again beating no10 for place no 30 in the top 100 posters in terms of number of words.

Oh well

seeya

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.