GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Zelda (GC) Hit miss or mabey"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/07/04 at 00:32
"Hi"
For the last 2 or so months the only words that I can think of are:

Blades will Bleed
Sheilds will Shatter
But as the Light fades
Will the Hero rise again
Or will darkness reign

So I was wondering is everybody as physced up as I am?

Will it be a HIT, MISS or MABEY
Thu 08/07/04 at 23:39
Regular
"what were u thinkin"
strafio wrote
I'm pretty sceptical that Nintendo will ever manage to recreate the magic they gave us on the N64, even if it is humanly possible to do so.
But if could still be very good.

now, i was impressed with wind waker, and impressed that the great zelda tried a cell shaded approach to kick gannondorf in the conkers (great knorr advert). anyways, i have been dissapointed with many gc games compared with the n64, eg mario ss compared with mario 64.

however, zelda ww did not dissapoint me, and my expectations following lozoot and lozmm from the n64. although, its length was limited.

PsYİHo FoX 1987 wrote:
Wind Waker would have been a great game graphically if they had paid some decent japanese anime' drawers the characters would have looked much better than say out of Power Puff girls.

i would have been thoroughly impressed if an amine or manga style had been pushed to the gc limits on this game. although, the next installment is set to be more realistic, shame anime was not taken further, but not dissapointing.
Fri 09/07/04 at 00:42
"Hi"
I hope it's VERY light oreintated. I've always loved that idea.
Fri 09/07/04 at 08:03
"The Will of D."
Well i'm hoping for a dark oriented Zelda, one just for the teenagers as WW was for kiddies and everyone else. I want it to be dangerous like we've never seen it and the puzzles more complex than normal. If this adult feel can also be put in with the adult graphics this will be one hell of a zelda game.
Tue 13/07/04 at 21:58
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
I'm pretty psyched about the new game.

It could be quality, and battle sections where perhaps you're one of the leaders of the army, and thus ahve to lead your troops forward by example could be class.

We've come to the point in technology where epic-scale battles are feasable now.

Either way, the game should rock...
Tue 13/07/04 at 22:01
Regular
mattributé wrote:
> Do you realise that there was going to be a game called 'Zelda Gaiden'
> on the N64? It was eventually canned and moulded into Majoras Mask,
> which, in most peoples opinions was quite a fine game.
>
> There have been many Zelda games canned... God bless IGN.

It wasn't canned, it was the same game. It was also renamed "Mask of Mujulah' before it was finally titled Majora's Mask.
Wed 14/07/04 at 02:24
Regular
Zelda Gaiden was originally going to be an add on for Zelda and then changed direction into its own game...

Just because the game changed does not mean the game was canned, it just means it evolved in development. And loads of games do.

I remember there was some old Zelda demo that was very different to anything we played.

And of course we got 2 oracle games instead of the originally planned 3.

I can imagine the land of hyrule is overthrown with enemies, a desperatly dying race of Kokiri are trying to withstand another attack. Wondering if they'd make it till the following day.

The Kokiri are saved by sheer will and a little help from the Deku Tree, but only for the time being. As they lick there wounds Gannon grows stronger.

A young boy leaves Kokiri forest at around this time and discovers another world, where a princess lays helpless.

10 years pass and Gannon returns, his army is stronger than ever and the will of the world cannot withstand him this time.

But the will and determination of one young adult can.

The young boy returns, with a new four legged friend in tow and disperses an initial attack from Gannon as the very first act in the game.

Link then sets out on an epic quest in order to stop Gannon's army from sweeping the other lands, discovering new races, saving civilisations and killing Gannon's spies, monsters and whoever else the evil king has sent into the world so he can rule the world of Hyrule.

A war is brewing...

Will you win???
Wed 14/07/04 at 10:38
"The Will of D."
It's all wishful thinking until Nintendo decide to slip some new information out into the public. Hell the trailer doesn't say much other than link can fight on his horse and that it isn't the usual 1 on 4 type battles but 1 on 16+.
Wed 14/07/04 at 11:17
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> Will you win???

Well.. overall, you can't.. the Kokiri and Hyrule are dead and gone by the time of Wind Waker. Still, nice idea.
Wed 14/07/04 at 11:25
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I just hope that the new Zelda can conjur up a truly "epic" feel. The Wind Waker, whilst a fantastic little game, didn't really give me the same kind of epic feeling when playing through it that OoT gave, and WW sometimes felt like more of a less serious side project.

If all goes well this new Zelda game will truly rule.
Wed 14/07/04 at 11:26
Regular
I hope to god they don't come up with another really crappy name like Wind Waker.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.