GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 Fact File"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 05/07/04 at 17:05
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
I was thinking maybe we should do an information thread for people who are new to PS2, so I thought let's do a PS2 Fact File!All you have to do is sent in some interesting facts about the PS2 console and its games so we can find out things we never knew about the PS2!So let's get cracking, I'll start:

FACT 1

Did you know that the PS2 is the First Ever Console to be able to stand up vertical?

Your turn!
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:37
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
witch-king wrote:
> Online play would be hard to keep going unless you're unemployed.

I think the lack of income would soon put a stop to that. Anyway, if you're going to spend all this money taking your PS2 online, you'd be better off just buying a cheap X-Box and going Live, as I think Live is supposed to be much better.
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:33
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
to lalakersrule-

I used bt, which I imagine the majority use, so its not relevant to knock it off just because you have the exception. You said knock off a tenner because SOCOM comes with a headset, but SOCOM costs £50!

to lou role-

I was taking everquest or final fantasy as my source, because RPGs rule.

In general, my figures may be a little off, but the reality of the situation is that its better to buy a GC than to go online with PS2. Online play would be hard to keep going unless you're unemployed, as you're unlikely to be online at the same time as people you want to play with.
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:12
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
witch-king wrote:
> I included the price of getting broadband as well. Look at it this
> way:
>
> Broadband- £30
> Modem-£40
> Headset-£10
> An online-only game-£40
> Standard supscription-£30 a month per game

I also don't play my games online, but I'm sure it doesn't cost £30 a month for a subscription, for each game. Plus, buy your games from somewhere else, you shouldn't be paying any more than £30 for a game nowadays.
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:11
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
witch-king wrote:
> I included the price of getting broadband as well. Look at it this
> way:
>
> Broadband- £30

Suppose you can add that to the cost even though you're not just using it solely for the PS2

> Modem-£40

My blueyonder connection came with a free modem so you can write that off.

> Headset-£10

Comes free with Socom so wipe that off as well

> An online-only game-£40

I'll give you that one though very expensive

> Standard supscription-£30 a month per game

What games you play? No game on the PS2 costs that much as the majority are free
>
> Even for 1 month's play of 1 game at the highest quality, it costs
> £150! SR certainly dont charge that much!

£70 actually and i'm still a bit unsure of adding the broadband cost just for the PS2. So either way that's still a tenner cheaper then you'd pay just for a second hand console. Not bad actually
Wed 07/07/04 at 20:06
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I included the price of getting broadband as well. Look at it this way:

Broadband- £30
Modem-£40
Headset-£10
An online-only game-£40
Standard supscription-£30 a month per game

Even for 1 month's play of 1 game at the highest quality, it costs £150! SR certainly dont charge that much!
Wed 07/07/04 at 19:28
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Proper Fact:

The American and Japanese public get a far better choice of games then the Europeans
Wed 07/07/04 at 19:26
Regular
"Up your Arsenal!!"
lalakersrule wrote:
> Fact
>
> Witch-king knows nothing about the cost of getting a PS2 online

Yes, that is true!
Wed 07/07/04 at 19:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Fact

Witch-king knows nothing about the cost of getting a PS2 online
Wed 07/07/04 at 16:14
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
It cost me £24.99 to get mine online, is your network adaptor gold plated or something?
Wed 07/07/04 at 16:12
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
[B]FACT[/]

In total, it takes over the price of a PS2 to get it online.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.