GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Baldurs Gate 2?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Baldurs Gate:Dark Alliance 2'.
Thu 08/07/04 at 17:57
Regular
Just wondering what people think of this game as a 2 player co-op?

Not really into beardy turn-based RPG nonsense, but I do like Gauntlet. Not looking for in depth combat systems with magic and skill points and all that kind of nonsense, I just want to kick the crap out of some monsters and by the sounds of that's what this game's all about. SO would I be happy with this game or is it too in depth and anal for its own good?
Thu 08/07/04 at 17:57
Regular
Just wondering what people think of this game as a 2 player co-op?

Not really into beardy turn-based RPG nonsense, but I do like Gauntlet. Not looking for in depth combat systems with magic and skill points and all that kind of nonsense, I just want to kick the crap out of some monsters and by the sounds of that's what this game's all about. SO would I be happy with this game or is it too in depth and anal for its own good?
Thu 08/07/04 at 18:01
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I think you'll find that actually, it's not. Because the beardy types would never play such an actiony game. It's Dark Alliance 2. Baldurs Gate II is probably neck deep in dice rolls.

Actually.

So yes, it's probably good. Gamespot like it.
Thu 08/07/04 at 18:20
Regular
Get Return of the King instead, awesome CO-OP.
Thu 08/07/04 at 19:09
Regular
"8==="
Played the original in co-op (my review mentions it). BG:DA2 is superb in one player so in co-op I can only see it getting better. There's plenty of crazy hacking and powering up your character. Only thing is I found it much easier than the first but that's probably because I went about as a barbarian with 2 massive swords so nobody could really get near enough to hurt me!

NightCaster II is cheap and cheerful with a more 'Gauntlet style' approach, so that might also be worth a look as it features co-op and is fast and frantic with loads off lovely colourful spells going of creating nice firework effects.

I would suggest Gladius but that's probably a bit too turn-based and beardy for you.

Gladiator and Conan have both made really good use of their hack and slash styles of play but unfortunately neither has co-op.

I also have D&D heroes, which is supposed to be really good (4 player co-op too) but I've yet to get around to playing it despite having it since christmas.

So yeah get BG:DA2, I doubt you'll regret it. But just before you do take a quick look at NightCaster II as it is less stat-based and more like Gauntlet than BG:DA2 is.
Thu 08/07/04 at 19:35
Regular
"Selected"
I played and finished it in co-op. It's a good game, not beardy at all compared to the PC versions of Baldurs Gate. Basic stat building along with a slightly beardy weapon enhancement system but all in all, I'd say that it's worth your time.

It's all about getting the biggest, shiniest sword you can find and plunging it into the nearest orc's face - good fun.

I've never heard of Nightcaster II so I looked it up on gamespot. It got 1.9...
Thu 08/07/04 at 20:07
Regular
If you are looking at CO-OP, give Return of the King a serious look. You don't have to enjoy the film(s) to appreciate how good Return of the King is, even with all the other titles around it's a hell of a lot of fun to play and definitley worth a look.
Thu 08/07/04 at 20:28
Regular
Bah, these watered down BG games are a blight on gaming.

Crappy games made for illiterate morons.
Thu 08/07/04 at 20:57
Regular
The majority of full blown RPG's are for pasty virgins who cringe at the thought of day light and a social life.
Thu 08/07/04 at 21:25
Regular
"relocated"
Baldur's Gate 2 is fantastic in co-op mode, the only drawback is that you can't steal all the gold off your mate like you could in the first game.
Thu 08/07/04 at 21:28
Regular
Whereas the 'RPGs' that require the hammering of a single button are for the thick headed thugs who spend the majority of their school time disrupting the lesson as much as possible, laughing at fart jokes and spend their 'leisure' time hurling bricks through people's windows and engaging in as much mindless violence, vandalism and abuse as possible.

I know what I'd rather be.

Alternativly you could stop resorting to your puny brained stereotypes and grow up.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.