GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game's Question of the Week - Which game, if any, inspired you to get your current console?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/06/01 at 19:56
Regular
I suppose, being the topic host , I should start...

For me it was Super Mario 64... jeer all you want, but seeing my childhood gaming hero in true 3D was all the influence I needed to plea with my parents for an N64... and i'm damn glad I did!
Sun 01/07/01 at 13:36
It was Lylat Wars 64 here. I went into the SR Sawbridgeworth shop and had a look in the N64 games section. Picking up Lylat Wars i turned it over, and was amazed at what I saw! I immediatly bought it and a N64 to play it on - £140 well spent!
Sun 01/07/01 at 13:43
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I remember reading about Lylat Wars. When it eventually was released I went down to the video store and rented it out. I got home, put the cartridge in my N64, put the rumble pack in my controller and hit the power switch. No long loading times, just straight into the game. WOW!!! It was amazing. I didn't even wait to play it more. I just phoned up Special Reserve (or was it Gameplay - hehe) and ordered myself a copy. This is reminding me even more of my beloved N64.
Sun 01/07/01 at 14:03
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The game that inspired me to get my N64 was Goldeneye 007.
My little cousin was was the first to get the new console, and he brought it down to my aunts house so that we could all have a little shot. I was blown away with the graphics, the guns and the accuracy with the James Bond license. Well anyway, i had to go down to my house for my dinner, ive never eaten pizza so fast in all of my life, and then i had to wash the dishes...it took me 15 mins from leaving my aunties for my dinner, to walking back through the door again. I just had to play more goldeneye. That inspired me to get an N64, so me and my brother sold our gameboy and games and 4 of our playstation games to get an N64 with the golden controller and a copy of goldeneye, we ended up owing our mum about £60 in total but it was worth it...and we have never looked back since....
Sun 01/07/01 at 14:17
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I remember playing Goldeneye for the first time as well (jesus, all these memories are flowing back to me). I got it for Christmas (I don't know whch Christmas but it was the Christmas just after it's release). I put it in the N64 and played multiplayers with my brother for ages. I always beat him (well most of the time anyway). Now, we're pretty even. Anyway, after quite a while, we decided to try the one player so he did the Dam level as I watched. It looked so damn good (no pun intended). He did it easily so I tried the next level, facility. I got to the end with Trevelyan but then I died so he had a go. That's all I can remember but it was so good. It was amazing.
Sun 01/07/01 at 14:20
"I love yo... lamp."
Definitly Goldeneye. The multiplayer was awesome for the first time. It forced me to get an N64. Thank you Craig and Goldeneye. Craig owned the N64 that I first played Goldeneyes multiplayer on.
Biggles
Sun 01/07/01 at 22:34
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Goldeneye.

And Soul Caliber makes me want a DC
Sun 01/07/01 at 22:48
Regular
"I like cheese"
Tekken on the PSX.

As soon as I'd got on it, you couldn't pull me away. I had to get a PSX.
Mon 02/07/01 at 14:46
Regular
"Back in black"
At the time of buying the 64, I really wanted to get a football game- Fifa 98, So Fifa 98 made me get the 64.
Mon 02/07/01 at 14:51
Tony Hawks peo skater 2 on the GBA
Mario 64 on the N64
I wasn't really inspired by anything on the Playstation but I got it anyway.
Wave Race and Rouge leader - Gamecube
Mon 02/07/01 at 14:58
Regular
"Back in black"
For the Gamecube, its not so much a particular game that inspires me- but the good looking vareity of games, though I am looking forward to Smash bros and After Dark.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.