GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Game's Question of the Week - Which game, if any, inspired you to get your current console?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/06/01 at 19:56
Regular
I suppose, being the topic host , I should start...

For me it was Super Mario 64... jeer all you want, but seeing my childhood gaming hero in true 3D was all the influence I needed to plea with my parents for an N64... and i'm damn glad I did!
Sat 30/06/01 at 20:48
Regular
"You've upset me"
Mario World on the SNES and also Street Fighter.
Sat 30/06/01 at 21:18
Regular
Ah! Current console... All it says in the heading is "Inspired you to get your current..."

Hmmm.

Shenmue, for the Dreamcast, encouraged me to get one, but Skies of Arcadia is utterly amazing. Go play.
Sat 30/06/01 at 21:22
Regular
"You've upset me"
How's your animation coming on Grix?
Sun 01/07/01 at 11:22
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
It wasn't a game that inspired me to get my current console, it was certain people on here hyping up Shenmue. So I got it to see what all the fuss was about, and regretted ever buying Shenmue.

I'm so so so so so so so so glad that I picked up MSR, PSO and Grandia 2 at the same time though, they more than made up for Shenmue's boringness.

Then of course, like Grix, I got Skies of Arcadia and haven't been seen since. (Best game I ever played).
Sun 01/07/01 at 11:43
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Me being a petrol-head, I would have to say Gran Turismo 3 without a doubt.

As to the reason why I got my PSone, well, that would have to be Rage Racer and WipE'out" 2097
Sun 01/07/01 at 11:45
FM - only person in the world that hates Shenmue.

Are you already a forlift truck driver? I actually wouldn't mind being one.
Sun 01/07/01 at 13:05
Regular
The full catalogue of games coming to the PS2, as well as the DVD support, and that cool blue light, was I hypnotised or something??
Sun 01/07/01 at 13:14
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
I could get a new PS2 for about £200, but i don't like them.
Sun 01/07/01 at 13:15
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I have spent months trying to find a light which equals that cool blue. I search is so far unsuccessful.
Sun 01/07/01 at 13:26
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I remember when I got my N64.I was planning to get a Saturn for quite a while (thank God I didn't). Then I thought Playstation. Then Saturn, then Playstation. Then I saw Super Mario 64 playing in Dixons and ahhhhhh.........I decided right then and there. I bought it with Mario. Then I got Mario Kart. Then Turok (for 70 quid, although at the time, it was absolutely fantastic). Then Wave Race. I am so happy I chose the N64 as I think it is still the best console.

You know what, the DC is nothing compared to it. I remember playing Mario for the first time ever. It was so good. I just hope that the GameCube is as good. I'd love to go back to the moment I got my N64. Writing this post makes me want to play my N64 again. I'll have to get it back off my cousins as they're borrowing it at the moment. Damn I wish I hadn't sold Perfect Dark and my Expansion pack. Oh no. I hope I didn't sell Zelda:TOOT. I sold Winback though, damn. And I better not have sold Mario. I don't think I did though so that's ok. Sorry, this is just me thinking outloud. Or rather typing out loud. Oh shut up will you. Sorry.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.