GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I think Resident Evil 4 will suck"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Resident Evil 4'.
Sun 11/07/04 at 20:46
Regular
Okay, maybe not suck, but it just wont be a good Resi game. Point being: I saw the video on the Cube DVD, its more action packed looking and stuff like Metal Gear Solid rather than tense and atmospheric like the original Resis and Zero.

Discuss.
Thu 15/07/04 at 19:56
Regular
I remember writing a whole long topic about how games aren't scary they only make u jump lol
Thu 15/07/04 at 03:29
Regular
"everyone says it"
Bonus wrote:
> Games aren't overall scarey, but they can make you jump.
>
> In the original Resi, I bet anyone who played the game in the dark
> hit the roof when those dogs jumped out at you.
>
> I know you did, don't deny it.

Or when the shark jumped at you.
That ballzed me up at 4am with headphones on.
Wed 14/07/04 at 16:56
Regular
I just saw the video on the NGC DVD and it has got me very interested.
Wed 14/07/04 at 16:12
Regular
Bonus you master croucher :p Anyway I'm looking forward to it never played a Resi game in my life cos I was a wussy :D but I'm sure I'll give number 4 a go cos it looks class.
Wed 14/07/04 at 16:09
Regular
Games aren't overall scarey, but they can make you jump.

In the original Resi, I bet anyone who played the game in the dark hit the roof when those dogs jumped out at you.

I know you did, don't deny it.
Wed 14/07/04 at 13:54
Regular
I still haven't played Resi Zero, must get it seeing as it's only £10 now.

REmake is pretty damn scary though, I was crapping myself on a fair few occasions. I'll admit I found Eternal Darkness a lot scarier, going for psycological horror rather than raw horror content (although that bath moment remains for the scariest in the game for me).

But look at Halo, that was a blast-fest, you had loads of ammo, yet I was soiling myself in the hype up to the flood. I'm sure Capcom can create something that's both fast-paced and scary, just the thought of being locked in a building as weird village people (not quite as scary as the Village People, but still pretty bad) climb up onto the balcony and through the windows is scary enough.

All about the execution, people.
Wed 14/07/04 at 03:35
Regular
"everyone says it"
The original remake is still by far the best.

Man that shark scene was superb.
Wed 14/07/04 at 02:28
Regular
No far from it...

One of the few surviving development houses by the looks of it.
Tue 13/07/04 at 21:40
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Asher D wrote:
> Whatever I just don't like the idea of it turning into a brainless
> shoot-em-up. They can expand within the genre withot needing to
> re-write the game idea. Eternal Darkness was a unique twist and
> surely there are other possible twists on the genre imaginable.

It's not exactly brainless. Resi has always been a tad simple (except for the silly obtuse puzzles), but I doubt the addition of a little more killing will make RE4 a rubbish game. Capcom aren't idiots.
Tue 13/07/04 at 21:39
Regular
"gsybe you!"
There was one bit where 4 lurching zombies burst in, and I had about 3 pistol rounds left (first time playing). Joyous.

RE4 will rule.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.