GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy 12"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy XII'.
Mon 12/07/04 at 12:13
Regular
"Balls"
Im very surprised that nobody else has done this already. New screen shots and what have ya all availble from this site. [URL] http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/488/488222/imgs_1.html [/URL]

very nice indeed. looking forward to it. as there is very little in the way of good new stuff for the PS2.

enjoy
Thu 15/07/04 at 11:50
Regular
"Bicycle"
Leave FF alone.

Sure it's a sell out. But it's innovative!

Oh wait, no it's not.

Why do we like it again???
Thu 15/07/04 at 11:42
Regular
"Jackpot!"
No vampyr, I doubt it will go past 12 because all of the final fantasy's were out on the omega and those only went up to 12, but then they might make a few more because 10-2 wasn't on it.
Thu 15/07/04 at 11:37
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Keep the battle gauges anyway, nothing more exciting then knocking the mega boss down to his last bit of health and praying that your bar fills up quick enough to finish him off. Failing that just go to a strategy type battle system.

Either way NO LIVE ACTION BATTLES ........ please
Thu 15/07/04 at 11:33
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Tales of Phantasia did it on the Snes, Star Ocean has done it, the .Hack series has done it. The computer just controls the other two and you have the option of switching between characters.
Thu 15/07/04 at 11:27
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Unless you can think of a way of controlling 3+ different characters in one real time battle, I think you can safely assume it's still menu based fighting, whether it's real time or not.
Thu 15/07/04 at 11:15
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
That's one of the reasons why I like Final fantasy. It is unique. If I wanted normal battles then I would play Zelda or something but if they change FF to normal battles then all will be lost.
Thu 15/07/04 at 11:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
True but at it's heart it was still turn based, you weren't going around hammering the X button Kingdom Hearts style to defeat an enemy. From the previews i've read they haven't been that clear but it sounds as if it's live action now which like i said is the case then i won't buy it.
Thu 15/07/04 at 11:01
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Only FFX had 'proper' turn based fighting.. the ATB style was always semi-interactive. In fact FFXI is pretty close to being 'live action' combat, but it's still typically Final Fantasy in execution.

Every FF game has evolved or changed the combat in some way, that's what keeps them all different.
Wed 14/07/04 at 21:38
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
lalakersrule wrote:
> Battle system seems to have changed so it's live action now, which if
> is the case then i'm not buying it. Final Fantasy to me IS turn based
> battles. Just one of the many steps Square have taken to appease the
> casual gamers.

This I agree with. Final Fantasy has always had turn based fighting, so far as I know, and it really is one of it's trademarks. I admit that I am losing interest in games and don't play them as much anymore, so I could be classed as a casual gamer. But even I know some things should just be left as they are, and Final Fantasy won't feel the same with real time fighting. If people want real time fighting they should buy a beat-em-up.
Tue 13/07/04 at 09:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Blame Europe and it's crap lack of broadband access.

Anyway yea i had seen Final Fantasy 12 and while it looked nice i was left unimpressed. When i heard the guy behind Tactics and Vagrant Story was joining it was exciting news but all that seems to have happened is they've taken the visual style from VS and the name of a country from Tactics (or city can't remember been ages since i played it) and a main character stolen straight from Suikoden 3.

Battle system seems to have changed so it's live action now, which if is the case then i'm not buying it. Final Fantasy to me IS turn based battles. Just one of the many steps Square have taken to appease the casual gamers who if they've got any more instructions other than hit X repeatedly start to have a headache.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.