GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Want Final Fantasy VII remade?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Final Fantasy VII'.
Tue 13/07/04 at 08:20
Regular
[URL]http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?ff7gold[/URL]

The biggest FFVII remake petition on the site with over 2100 signatures.

You all know this is one of the greatest games ever, and truly deserves revamping for the current/next generation.

Please sign it - who knows, something might actually come of it...
Tue 13/07/04 at 21:59
Regular
witch-king wrote:
> Would any1 actually buy basically the same game?

Nintendo seem to be getting away with this sort of stuff all the time...
Tue 13/07/04 at 18:10
"period drama"
Argh, no. Leave it alone.
By all means make the sequel and prequel, but the main story is perfect as it is.
Tue 13/07/04 at 17:51
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Would any1 actually buy basically the same game?
Tue 13/07/04 at 11:16
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It's Square, they'll find a way to ruin it. Plus anyway part of the charm for me of FF7 were the manga style deformed bodies, give them life like character models and it'll ruin it a bit for me.
Tue 13/07/04 at 11:06
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Actually Final Fantasy IX was one of the few that was specially designed to take advantage of the PS2s texture smoothing option, so you can't really say the series was incompatible.

And as for a remake - NO. Leave it. Final Fantasy has moved on anyway, leave FF7 for what it is.
Tue 13/07/04 at 11:00
Regular
"Monochromatic"
I'm with Bullett, they shouldn't be able to ruin it as they only need to stick to what theyve already got, i think it's too late to do it for the PS2 now though so i'd like it for the PS3 instead.
Tue 13/07/04 at 10:00
Regular
Frankly I don't see how they can ruin it. All they have to do is update the graphics, add some dialog, some FMV and maybe some little extras. The storyline is already there so they don't need to tamper with that.

And my FFVII plays ok on the PS2 for a short time, then bits of graphic (i.e. the menu bars, backgrounds) go all scrambled and ugly. Works fine on PSOne though. Wasn't the Final Fantasy series one of the few that were partially/not compatible with PS2's Backward Compatibility?

Anyhoo, I think they should redo it - if only to enlighten the morons who dismiss the original because "the grafics ain't dat good, innit?".

I'd buy it without hesitation.

Or, they could at least do a port for the PSP...
Tue 13/07/04 at 09:53
"NKDEF BFJvsdbnefv d"
I'd have to agree with the two guys below. Since FF7 the games have gradually gone downhill.

FF8 was good. FF9 was alright. FF10 smelled fishy. FF10-2 was pishy.
Tue 13/07/04 at 09:41
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
I'd have to agree with the guy below. My FF plays perfectly on the PS2 so why upgrade it? Other than to take MORE money off the poor folks who buy as much FF as they can get.
Tue 13/07/04 at 09:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
After Square's track record ever since FFVII i say leave it well alone. They'd probably ruin one of the only truly great games in the series

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.