GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Most Wanted Sequals"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 30/06/01 at 10:05
Regular
How many times have you seen an exelent film but wondered what happened next? What film would you like to see a sequal to?
Some that I can think of offhand are,

Final Destination
ID
Truman Show
ET
BMX Bandits
Tue 03/07/01 at 14:00
Goatboy wrote:
> American Pie 2 IS released soon.

With the exact plot you
> mentioned.

Sequels suck, a continuation in the series is a good
> thing.
There is a difference.

Like mentioned below:

Speed 2:
> Sequel
Star Wars: Series continuation
Matrix 2&3:
> Continue
Rush Hour 2: Sequel

Hard to balance.

.........Back To the Future Part 2 and Back To The Future Part3, You can not get any more continuation than that!
Worse to watch
Tue 03/07/01 at 13:26
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
American Pie 2 IS released soon.

With the exact plot you mentioned.

Sequels suck, a continuation in the series is a good thing.
There is a difference.

Like mentioned below:

Speed 2: Sequel
Star Wars: Series continuation
Matrix 2&3: Continue
Rush Hour 2: Sequel

Hard to balance.
Worse to watch
Tue 03/07/01 at 13:20
Regular
A couple of things.

First there are two matrix sequels on the way that are going to be shown back to back and will continue the story. The question is will the Matrix turn into the Star Wars of the new millenium or another Scream?

Secondly on the idea of not having sequels. The reason film company make them is not to continue a story or any other creative or nobel purpose, it is to make money. Big execs know that the first film was good and as such people will go the the second even if it isn't. Scream is the only odd one in my mind becasue it made no business sence to make a third one.

I would like to see a sequel to American pie with their experiance in collage maybee?
Tue 03/07/01 at 13:14
Regular
"not dead"
It's 'sequels' isn't it, not 'sequals'?

Anywho, lets just say there's a big difference between a sequel, and a series of films.

The Matrix has to have a sequel because the story has not yet been told in full, we are merely standing at the end of the first chapter.

Speed did not need a sequel. It was done, they got the bomber, we did not need another film.

As much as I enjoyed The Truman Show, a sequel would not work. What would they do, Truman in the real world? It would be interesting for about 5 minutes! A new show, featuring a female star is what we'd more likely get, and it would be trash.

On that subject, sometimes I think films end too early, I'd like to see what happens next, but not another whole films worth.

Anyway, back to sequels. Apparently The Goonies is to get a sequel, all of these years later. I loved the Goonies, it was fantastic, but would the Goonies feature an entirly new cast? All of the original Goonies are adults now, so maybe they'd havekids that could go on an adventure. It just wouldn't be the same though, would it?

Ghostbusters was a fantastic stand-alone film. Highly entertaining, and reached a suitable conclusion. What was the need for a sequel? It wasn't nearly as good as the original!

Mind you, lets not say that stand alone films should not get sequels. Alien would have been fine left as it was, but along came Aliens, and it too was great. It took only the Alien, and Ripley, and took it down a completely different route to the original. Shame about 3 and Ressurection though.

As comedy films usually come to a natural conclusion, having sequels is often not a good idea. It will be interesting to see how American Pie 2 does, given that most of the original cast have returned to star in it.

If one comedy film had to have a sequel it would have to be So I Married An Axe Murderer. I loved Mike Myers character in that.

If an action movie had to have a sequel it would be The Rock, because Connery and Cage were great together.

Personally I think all films should come in threes:

Three Men and a Baby
Three Men and a Little Lady
Three Men and a Bomb on a Bus (AKA Speed 3)
Tue 03/07/01 at 12:43
The bottom-line for titanic 2 is may'be gonna be: Titanic two, it missed the ice-berg.
Tue 03/07/01 at 00:43
"I love yo... lamp."
The Italian Job. Did they fall over the edge of the cliff? What was Michael Canes idea? Only a sequel will tell.
Mon 02/07/01 at 19:13
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Armitage Shanks wrote:

For every half
> decent sequal there are a dozen dodgys ones...

Yeah, that's the main problem with sequels. If the sequel is poor, it sort of takes a bit out of the original. Terminator 3 better be good. Although, occasionally, there are some excellent sequels. T2 was better than the original. Aliens was.....wasn't...... was...... wasn't..... still trying to work that one out. Although 3 and ressurection were pretty awful.
Sun 01/07/01 at 22:37
it would have to pretty woman, i know there has been rumour of a sequal but it would be brilliant if it actually happened. also what about a sequal to entrapment, where did they go? are they still working together? what would the next job be?
Sun 01/07/01 at 19:22
Damn, i didn't know what happened. I didn't even finish the post and it sent 6 times. Sorry everyone.
Sun 01/07/01 at 16:02
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
The_Vottanator wrote:
> Because, if you like a film, then you probably like the characters.
> If there is a sequel then it will most probably have at leat some of
> the same actors and characters that you liked. That's why!

Although they generally have rather duff storylines, and cash in of the fact that you liked the first movie, without trying to expand the films universe or actually trying to make a very good flick...

For every half decent sequal there are a dozen dodgys ones...

Why not open your mind to new storys and ideas, instead of repeating the ones you already know?

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.