GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What are you? Emo, Chav Or Just Normal?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/12/06 at 11:24
Regular
Please feel free-tell us who you are!
Tue 30/01/07 at 21:39
Regular
"Mooching around"
tnc wrote:
> Emo(tionals) in the street make me stare a little, if they have
> the 'harcore' image, like someone I saw recently, with black
> tearmarks painted beneath his eyes (-.-) However, Emo(tionals)
> don't really bother me unless I have to be in a closer situation
> with them, where their attempts at acting depressed all the time
> are just pathetic.
>
> Pykies on the other hand, the ones with the market burberry who
> literally stand on street corners smoking don't really bother
> me, but they do make me wonder what the hell the point is. I
> mean, honestly, how much fun can it be standing on a street
> corner with a few mates smoking, when they could at least be at
> a pub or doing something more than attempting to terrorise
> people or try and start fights.
>
> Both groups need to mature by a longshot in their attitudes to
> life and what they choose to do in their free time. Or, as seems
> to be the case when I have free periods and go somewhere like
> ASDA, what they choose to have as their free time.
>
> Individuality is important, and I think conforming to groups
> like that is always going to infer some sort of generalisation.
> Myself, I dress in what makes me feel comfortable, which is more
> casual polos and jeans - it doesn't mean you have to be 'normal',
> but it does mean you don't have to follow everyone around
> completely. The few people I know who really think they're
> 'individuals' are honestly trying to BS themselves, conforming
> to non-conformity is just the same, you either end up vaguely
> Emo or just reasonably strange. For me, attracting attention
> from every passer-by isn't something I really want all that
> much...

Very easy to simply point this out, but many do this to simply fit in with a group. It's social obidience, some people like you find this pathetic, but... Arg, I don't have the energy... I'll argue tomorrow :)
Tue 30/01/07 at 12:27
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Anytime ;)
Tue 30/01/07 at 12:26
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Nin wrote:
> Woman?
> Crazy?
> Single mum?
> Milf?

Heh cheers :P
Tue 30/01/07 at 12:23
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Seraphim wrote:
> Hmm what am i then... Normal :)

Woman?
Crazy?
Single mum?
Milf?
Tue 30/01/07 at 12:06
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Hmm what am i then... Normal :)

Always said i was different to everyone else :P
Tue 30/01/07 at 12:02
Regular
tnc wrote:
> Pykies on the other hand, the ones with the market burberry who
> literally stand on street corners smoking don't really bother
> me, but they do make me wonder what the hell the point is. I
> mean, honestly, how much fun can it be standing on a street
> corner with a few mates smoking, when they could at least be at
> a pub or doing something more than attempting to terrorise
> people or try and start fights.

Huh? Round these parts a Pikey is a Gypsy. What you described is your run-of-the-mill chav.

No 'classification' bothers me though, although Chavs do have a tendency to act hard due to peer pressure, this can lead to unnecessary confrontations. Can't say I've had any trouble though.

As for myself? Label me how you like, I don't care. I usually wear jeans and a T-shirt, I listen to all types of music, from pop to R&B to Metal. I don't start fights, I don't cut myself, I don't think 'it's all a conspiracy'.

With regards to 'Normal', that's an irrelevant classification. Nothing is normal.
Tue 30/01/07 at 11:58
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Seraphim wrote:
> one thing thats bothering me... What the hell is 'Normal' these
> days?

Being able to be pigeon-holed. If you cant be put into a group you're not normal. Ironic as most of these groups are about individuality.
Tue 30/01/07 at 11:55
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
one thing thats bothering me... What the hell is 'Normal' these days?
Sun 28/01/07 at 19:47
Regular
Emo(tionals) in the street make me stare a little, if they have the 'harcore' image, like someone I saw recently, with black tearmarks painted beneath his eyes (-.-) However, Emo(tionals) don't really bother me unless I have to be in a closer situation with them, where their attempts at acting depressed all the time are just pathetic.

Pykies on the other hand, the ones with the market burberry who literally stand on street corners smoking don't really bother me, but they do make me wonder what the hell the point is. I mean, honestly, how much fun can it be standing on a street corner with a few mates smoking, when they could at least be at a pub or doing something more than attempting to terrorise people or try and start fights.

Both groups need to mature by a longshot in their attitudes to life and what they choose to do in their free time. Or, as seems to be the case when I have free periods and go somewhere like ASDA, what they choose to have as their free time.

Individuality is important, and I think conforming to groups like that is always going to infer some sort of generalisation. Myself, I dress in what makes me feel comfortable, which is more casual polos and jeans - it doesn't mean you have to be 'normal', but it does mean you don't have to follow everyone around completely. The few people I know who really think they're 'individuals' are honestly trying to BS themselves, conforming to non-conformity is just the same, you either end up vaguely Emo or just reasonably strange. For me, attracting attention from every passer-by isn't something I really want all that much...
Sun 28/01/07 at 13:37
Regular
Completely the right thing. Chavs are gay and they will stay that way. To be honest, I hate them to bits.

d:-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.