GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Chicken Or The egg?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/12/06 at 11:20
Regular
Surely the chicken must have come first. I feel that a creature before the chicken must have evolved slightly, creating a egg laying animal. This is because when I turn the question around I see that the egg must have come from somewhere - right?!
Fri 29/12/06 at 15:43
Regular
"Monochromatic"
Bloody hell, Vamp is back!
Fri 29/12/06 at 15:02
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Chicken
Fri 29/12/06 at 01:26
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
That was golden that was, i got it out the Les Dennis 1001 brilliant jokes book.

*Does a Mavis impression*
Fri 29/12/06 at 01:12
Regular
And I was hoping I wouldnt have to suffer more bad jokes till next christmas =D

Here's a joke we had in a cracker.

Where does Tarzan buy his clothes?
A jungle sale
Fri 29/12/06 at 01:03
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Ah those scientists, they "crack" me up
Fri 29/12/06 at 00:59
Regular
Sibs wrote:
> Click
> Here

>
> Didn't even look for that, it was on the BBC News front page!

Professor Brooke added the debate could finally be laid to rest.

*groans*
Thu 28/12/06 at 22:52
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I guess the egg, as any sort of large-scale genetic change comes in stages, and as animals change and adapt, genes would, so if two animals of certain characteristics bred and created a slightly different animal, the slightly different animal would appear in an egg (Ok, this is chicken and egg, but I'm using "animal" for theory's sake), and would be born from one, so in theory the first "Chicken" or "Bird with a slightly different beak, comb, feet than before" would be born from an egg, so that something that's not instantly recognisable as a chicken would need to be born, from an egg, and not be there in the first place, as a result of genetics and so on?

By the way, I have no knowledge of this sort of thing and am just patching together ideas... I got BB on GCSE Dual Science and left it there, as it was my joint-lowest grade along with a B in Maths!
Thu 28/12/06 at 21:26
Regular
"Mooching around"
Sibs wrote:
> The egg. Because dinosaurs laid eggs. Hah!

My idea as well.
Thu 28/12/06 at 15:24
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Click Here

Didn't even look for that, it was on the BBC News front page!
Thu 28/12/06 at 14:16
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Yer, someone else said the egg about this... Basically because chickens MUST come from eggs (something to do with, genetically, that's how they're born), but something else could lay an egg that was slightly mutated to form a chicken... Or two things that were sexually compatable could do the dirty, and end up laying a chicken egg (ie. the chicken would've been the 'cross' between the two other things).

If either of these are scientifically wrong, don't blame me, I'm basing them on some conversation I vaguely recall (and was probably had either down the pub or over drinks of some kind...)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.