GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best current British band?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/06/01 at 17:28
Regular
Any suggestions for the best British band currently active? Most of the bands I listen to are American, but I don't believe that's necessarily a reflection on the lack of talent at home. It's just that a lot of record companies over here don't give bands time to mature and develop.

I'd have to give a vote to Pitchshifter - a consistently great band over the last ten years. And to the Lostprophets - a 'new' band that should be huge. Leaning more to the mainstream, maybe Radiohead or Muse?
Fri 29/06/01 at 09:51
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Absurd Rock - all fuzz boxes, with a bit of classical piano thrown in for good measure. With a high quota of Ricks.
Fri 29/06/01 at 09:48
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> I'd say the Corrs, because they're the only British band i actually
> own any music of ! All the rest is american and european
> artists/bands.

Arent the Corrs Irish?

(I went to a party with the Corrs and the lead singer of Simply Red last November... nearly slit my wrists before the end! .... Curse you free booze!)

Muse seem popular... what music do they do?
Fri 29/06/01 at 09:45
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Nah, I prefer Ricks.

"Good Evening Cleveland, we are The Ricks"

A NY punk band in the making I feel.

Hoser...hehe
Fri 29/06/01 at 09:44
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
And by rick, I of course mean ROCK. And or Roll.
Fri 29/06/01 at 09:43
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Mr.Snuggly wrote:
> You're all wrong (most of you). Muse are the greatest rick band in
> the country.

I will never buy music by a band of Ricks.

Go and buy it
> now, you hosers.

Hosers...what an excellent insult.
Fri 29/06/01 at 09:42
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
You're all wrong (most of you). Muse are the greatest rick band in the country. Origin of Symmetry is awesome, I've listened to it about 5-6 times now and it rocks the big one. New Born is the most absurd, overblown song ever and I love it to bits.

Go and buy it now, you hosers.
Thu 28/06/01 at 22:44
The Super Furry animals and Radiohead are showing the most potential.

Whilst travis and Stereophonics are caught in a recycle of themselves.

shame really.
Thu 28/06/01 at 19:06
I'd say the Corrs, because they're the only British band i actually own any music of ! All the rest is american and european artists/bands.
Thu 28/06/01 at 17:17
cooldogs wrote:
> The Corrs or Travis

Are you serious? (The Corrs?)
Thu 28/06/01 at 15:59
There's definitely a cross over in styles between Muse and early Radiohead. Though I'd say Muse are heavier (check out that riff on New Born), and their music has a more theatrical edge (if that's at all possible). Radiohead have said that they don't want to follow in U2's footsteps into stadium rock. Maybe Muse will head down that route.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.