GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Best current British band?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/06/01 at 17:28
Regular
Any suggestions for the best British band currently active? Most of the bands I listen to are American, but I don't believe that's necessarily a reflection on the lack of talent at home. It's just that a lot of record companies over here don't give bands time to mature and develop.

I'd have to give a vote to Pitchshifter - a consistently great band over the last ten years. And to the Lostprophets - a 'new' band that should be huge. Leaning more to the mainstream, maybe Radiohead or Muse?
Wed 27/06/01 at 17:28
Any suggestions for the best British band currently active? Most of the bands I listen to are American, but I don't believe that's necessarily a reflection on the lack of talent at home. It's just that a lot of record companies over here don't give bands time to mature and develop.

I'd have to give a vote to Pitchshifter - a consistently great band over the last ten years. And to the Lostprophets - a 'new' band that should be huge. Leaning more to the mainstream, maybe Radiohead or Muse?
Wed 27/06/01 at 17:34
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Portishead? ... Catatonia? ... The Divine Comedy? ...
Wed 27/06/01 at 20:45
Well if your including Welsh Bands how about The manic Street Preachers, Scottish Act Travis, Irish Act U2 or Radiohead - who currently seem to be from their own little world.
Wed 27/06/01 at 21:18
Regular
"You've upset me"
Manics, Travis, U2 and Muse.
Thu 28/06/01 at 10:51
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Muse, without a doubt. Saw them at Brixton a few weeks back and I've never been so blown away before. Or hot.
Thu 28/06/01 at 11:08
Regular
"not dead"
I like Muse, must get the new album at the end of the month.

Super Furry Animals anyone?
Thu 28/06/01 at 11:29
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Super Furry..."Juxtapose" sounds like The Lighthouse Family to me.
Thu 28/06/01 at 15:11
Muse sound too much like Early Radiohead (Pablo Honey), when I herd the first single (along time ago now) I thought it was Radiohead.
Thu 28/06/01 at 15:28
Regular
Travis
Thu 28/06/01 at 15:43
Regular
"Great Scott's"
Super Furry Animals and Muse

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.