GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY ATTRACT PEOPLE TO SHOPS - WINNERS ANNOUNCED"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/06/01 at 16:32
Regular
As the adjudicating officer for the retail store extra Gameaday prize(s) I, The Only Tony, hereby declare the official results of this competition.

While the quantity of entries was high the quality was "none too hot" with many "fantasy schemes" often involving females.

I must disallow any general suggestions of games championships as we did these last year and we are running them this year. I would have taken a different view if the ideas for these had been worked up into fully suggestions (with details).

As I am judging this I can hardly award my own "Two Can Play at This" idea the prize - though undoubtedly we will use something similar for an "introduce a friend" incentive.

YH had a good notion about working with schools and Meka came up with "People are Stupid" idea to give safety advice with every game!

Rakuga deserves a mention for persistence and I particularly liked his suggestion of a One Day Sale. IF we decide to do that then he will get a prize. The problem with one day sales is that once people get used to (even) lower prices they are resistant to buying at the normal prices.

Rakuga also suggested giving better directions to the shops.

I liked Namostar's idea of placing addresses of the shops on internet banners. We'll use this so Namostar - you are A WINNER.

The second winner is Fantasy Meister. He made a couple of reasonable suggestions including better promotion of Reddies. But his idea which caught my imagination was to print an 8 digit number on the receipts for people to match with a number on the internet. This gives us the possibility of running Gameaday in the shops. I'm not sure if we will actually use it but it is the best idea (in my view).

A difficult competition which has clearly stretched imaginations to the limit. Thank you for entering.

Congratulations to NAMOSTAR and FANTASY MEISTER and I won't forget Rakuga IF we use the one day sale idea.

These are the original rules.

The next amazing Special Reserve competition (another one!) is to suggest ideas for attracting people into our Big Club Shops.

The main objective here is to think about the cost effectiveness of your ideas. In order for them to work they need to be, yes you guessed it, low on cost and high on impact.

If you haven't visited all or any of our shops then get yourself down to your local shop and check them out! Visit our Big Club Shops page for further details: http://special.reserve.co.uk/common/shops/shopsindex.php

This competition is open for 1 month and the best ideas that we USE will win a game as part of GAMEADAY. If no ideas are used then I will pick 1 winner that I deem the best.

CLOSING DATE: 27th July 2001 *********MIDNIGHT*********

The challenge has been set. Good luck!
Page:
Fri 27/07/01 at 09:56
Regular
"always swirling"
we could have a gaming help boath out side of the shops.
then people walking by would see it and if they needed help they could ask. This may build up the intrest of the shop.
Fri 27/07/01 at 09:49
Regular
"always swirling"
how about tie big kites outside the shops with a specail reserve logo on?
Fri 27/07/01 at 09:47
Regular
"always swirling"
how about your get your boffins down at the hq to design a game.(A good one!and we could have a forum open to add new ideas)
Then you could contribute it all over the country and when people buy it they will see the SR logo on and check out the shop.(all so you would get money from the sale of the game.)
Fri 27/07/01 at 09:20
Regular
"always swirling"
heres one if i'm not to late:
All the regular staff(in the shops) who have a car could get SR bannors prined on the side.
Thu 26/07/01 at 18:30
Regular
1) Make it perfectly clear from the outside of the shops, and also online that you don't need to be a member to look around or buy stuff

2) I've seen the chelmsford shop, and the signs outside put people off coming in. You claim to sell games for Amiga, Megadrive, etc. Why not invest in some new signs?

3) Actually plug the controllers into the consoles on display, so people can play on them ;-)

4) With everything bought inside the shops, give a card / code which lets you come online and enter into a competition, e.g. Gameaweek. If the person came online and wrote a review of the game/hardware that they had bought, they could win another prize.

See Ya

PinkPig
Thu 26/07/01 at 15:52
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Idea 44:
Offer some leaflets around the bus and train stations.. great pick up point for customers

Idea 45:
Stick some of those point of displays outside (A bit like that National Lottery metal stand - have forgotten proper name). On it put the latest deal or something. You could make these stands have replacable deals which are protected from weather by waterproof transparent cover. Make sure its the best deal to get them in.

Idea 46:
Lower membership by a pound?

I'm really out of ideas. Closes tomorrow so I thought I might as well do a brainwave..
Wed 25/07/01 at 22:29
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Idea 40:
Introduce some new free gifts to make things more fun. An antivirus program would be nice as many people don't have them.

Idea 41:
Introduce a virtual reddies system. Introduce a banner exchange (people put a banner they choose pointing to your site and put it on their sites). Then every click that comes from that banner to your site you give them 1 virtual reddy point. If someone ends up buying something from the site (if you can monitor them if not never mind) you give them 10 virtual reddies. If someone registers with the site the person getsw 5 virtual reddies. Then when virtual reddies are equal to a certain value say 50, you send them 5 reddies through the post which they can use to claim a free gift. THese could be different to standard reddies so that the people have to buy something over the value of 5 pounds to claim a gift with virtual reddies. As a result people come to the shop as well as getting you new members/more profits. Modify system as you wish - its just an idea.

Idea 42:
Put some arcade machines in the shop that people can play on. I suggest Time Crisis 2. This brings more people to shop and eventually you get your money back (and I stress eventually).

Idea 43:
Make the shops look more attractive by giving them a makeover. I reckon yellowy walls with a giant red splat on the side would look nice.
Wed 25/07/01 at 22:29
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Idea 40:
Introduce some new free gifts to make things more fun. An antivirus program would be nice as many people don't have them.

Idea 41:
Introduce a virtual reddies system. Introduce a banner exchange (people put a banner they choose pointing to your site and put it on their sites). Then every click that comes from that banner to your site you give them 1 virtual reddy point. If someone ends up buying something from the site (if you can monitor them if not never mind) you give them 10 virtual reddies. If someone registers with the site the person getsw 5 virtual reddies. Then when virtual reddies are equal to a certain value say 50, you send them 5 reddies through the post which they can use to claim a free gift. THese could be different to standard reddies so that the people have to buy something over the value of 5 pounds to claim a gift with virtual reddies. As a result people come to the shop as well as getting you new members/more profits. Modify system as you wish - its just an idea.

Idea 42:
Put some arcade machines in the shop that people can play on. I suggest Time Crisis 2. This brings more people to shop and eventually you get your money back (and I stress eventually).

Idea 43:
Make the shops look more attractive by giving them a makeover. I reckon yellowy walls with a giant red splat on the side would look nice.
Wed 25/07/01 at 01:44
I think they should build a shop in the isle of man so that i can actually get there without crossing water, or passing water, as Cookie Monster quite rightly pointed out in another thread. Its got next to no tax and theres a load ofmoney so it might be worth a try for SR, and plz do it coz im being taunted for where I live....plz
Wed 25/07/01 at 01:40
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Games evenings. Small entrance entry fee (covers the cost of prize) and use your existing demo units to host tournaments on maybe one popular title per system (by system I mean N64/ PS2/ Dreamcast, not individual consoles).

I know you're planning and have held bigger regional championships, but this is on a more regular basis. The Games Workshop has ran them for ages (maybe still does), and very successfully. Not only does it get kids into the store and hence more likely to buy stuff - but it builds a loyalty to the brand as the store is seen as the place kids go on a Thursday (or whatever) evening. Further more, relationships are built with the staff which not only keeps people coming back to the store, but alows you to get feedback easily from your core audience. Also, cheap to run. Do it on the local late night shopping evening so you'll have to place open and staffed anyway. You use consoles that are there perminantly as display units so the only real cost is the prize - hopefully covered by the small entrance fee.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.