GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EXTRA EXTRA GAMEADAY ATTRACT PEOPLE TO SHOPS - WINNERS ANNOUNCED"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/06/01 at 16:32
Regular
As the adjudicating officer for the retail store extra Gameaday prize(s) I, The Only Tony, hereby declare the official results of this competition.

While the quantity of entries was high the quality was "none too hot" with many "fantasy schemes" often involving females.

I must disallow any general suggestions of games championships as we did these last year and we are running them this year. I would have taken a different view if the ideas for these had been worked up into fully suggestions (with details).

As I am judging this I can hardly award my own "Two Can Play at This" idea the prize - though undoubtedly we will use something similar for an "introduce a friend" incentive.

YH had a good notion about working with schools and Meka came up with "People are Stupid" idea to give safety advice with every game!

Rakuga deserves a mention for persistence and I particularly liked his suggestion of a One Day Sale. IF we decide to do that then he will get a prize. The problem with one day sales is that once people get used to (even) lower prices they are resistant to buying at the normal prices.

Rakuga also suggested giving better directions to the shops.

I liked Namostar's idea of placing addresses of the shops on internet banners. We'll use this so Namostar - you are A WINNER.

The second winner is Fantasy Meister. He made a couple of reasonable suggestions including better promotion of Reddies. But his idea which caught my imagination was to print an 8 digit number on the receipts for people to match with a number on the internet. This gives us the possibility of running Gameaday in the shops. I'm not sure if we will actually use it but it is the best idea (in my view).

A difficult competition which has clearly stretched imaginations to the limit. Thank you for entering.

Congratulations to NAMOSTAR and FANTASY MEISTER and I won't forget Rakuga IF we use the one day sale idea.

These are the original rules.

The next amazing Special Reserve competition (another one!) is to suggest ideas for attracting people into our Big Club Shops.

The main objective here is to think about the cost effectiveness of your ideas. In order for them to work they need to be, yes you guessed it, low on cost and high on impact.

If you haven't visited all or any of our shops then get yourself down to your local shop and check them out! Visit our Big Club Shops page for further details: http://special.reserve.co.uk/common/shops/shopsindex.php

This competition is open for 1 month and the best ideas that we USE will win a game as part of GAMEADAY. If no ideas are used then I will pick 1 winner that I deem the best.

CLOSING DATE: 27th July 2001 *********MIDNIGHT*********

The challenge has been set. Good luck!
Page:
Thu 05/07/01 at 21:22
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Idea 29:
Make shops prices several pounds lower than online. So if people come into the shop they get it for less. (However note the internet prices are still cheap).

Idea 30:
How about introducing a super reddy. Say if you collect about 20 and go to the shop with them you can pick up a game of your choice up to £30 or something.
Thu 05/07/01 at 21:20
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Idea 28:
Sponser a football team!! ok.. maybe that is too expensive :D
Thu 05/07/01 at 21:19
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Idea 27:
Advertise in magazines like FHM or Maxim or Loaded. This might attract quite a few more customers.
Thu 05/07/01 at 21:17
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Idea 26:
Maybe in the club magazine on the gameaday pages suggest that members come down to the shop if they need it explaining. Some people may think its a catch and this provides them the chance to check it out for themselves. In the meantime they buy stuff and maybe also join the website.
Wed 04/07/01 at 17:14
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Or you could have a percentage.money off offer... the more the member spends they more they get off...
Wed 04/07/01 at 17:14
I've never been to a club shop, I dont have a car, dont have a driving license, and to get to any of them would cost at least £15 - £20 in travel expenses for me. Therefore it wouldnt be worth my while, unless ofcourse there was a gaming competition at a shop....I may visit for that.
Wed 04/07/01 at 17:12
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
These have probably already been said... sorry, If they have, the list was too long to re-read... but...

Why not lower the prices of a selected number of titles in store...

However to get the lower prices you need to also have a coupon that is provided within the club mag...

You could have Red Splat Saves at a greater price reduction... or from a range of 'stickered' products... (which could have say, 10 per cent off?)...

When people buy the game they show their membership card, and their extra saver ticket for the price reduction?

This could work for each game... or packs... e.g. so someone Buying a GBA and Super Martio and F-Zero gets the money off discount?

Or youm could give reddies away to non-memebers for use in-store? (charging them 50p day memerbship to collect the gift)
Wed 04/07/01 at 17:01
Gaming Boy wrote:
> kendozod wrote:
> The next amazing Special Reserve competition
> (another one!) is to
> suggest ideas for attracting people into
> our Big Club Shops.

The
> main objective here is to think
> about the cost effectiveness of your
> ideas. In order for them
> to work they need to be, yes you guessed
> it, low on cost and
> high on impact.

If you haven't visited all or
> any of our
> shops then get yourself down to your local shop and check
> them
> out! Visit our Big Club Shops page for further details:
>

This
> competition is open for 1 month and the best ideas
> that we USE will
> win a game as part of GAMEADAY. If no ideas
> are used then I will
> pick 1 winner that I deem the
> best.

CLOSING DATE: 27th July
> 2001

The challenge has
> been set. Good luck!

----------

Just one problem:

My
> nearest club shop is in Chelmsford, and thats 92.6 miles away,
> that's a 145 minute trip!

I don't suppose you could set one up in
> Norwich, closer to home?

Hmmm... have you a fast car? Yeah, opening more shops is an idea but set up cost is quite alot. Major towns and cities could be the first targets...

Out of interest have you been to any of our shops?
Wed 04/07/01 at 16:40
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
kendozod wrote:
> The next amazing Special Reserve competition (another one!) is to
> suggest ideas for attracting people into our Big Club Shops.

The
> main objective here is to think about the cost effectiveness of your
> ideas. In order for them to work they need to be, yes you guessed
> it, low on cost and high on impact.

If you haven't visited all or
> any of our shops then get yourself down to your local shop and check
> them out! Visit our Big Club Shops page for further details:

This
> competition is open for 1 month and the best ideas that we USE will
> win a game as part of GAMEADAY. If no ideas are used then I will
> pick 1 winner that I deem the best.

CLOSING DATE: 27th July
> 2001

The challenge has been set. Good luck!

----------

Just one problem:

My nearest club shop is in Chelmsford, and thats 92.6 miles away, that's a 145 minute trip!

I don't suppose you could set one up in Norwich, closer to home?
Wed 04/07/01 at 14:12
You could encourage people to go to the club shops buy running an offer that means you only need 4 reddies to claim a freebie instead of 5. As the offer would only apply if you go to the club shops, this would encourage people to visit the shops.

You could also print a starter REDDIE with your adverts in computer magazines (To help build up peoples interest), or offer one issue of the club magazine free for one month only (Probably around christmas to encourage new customers) you could then send them information on how to get to the club shops with that issue.
Page:

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.