GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-box Hit : - ) or Miss ; - ( ??"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/06/01 at 18:52
Regular
X-box is Microsoft’s first attempt at breaking into the console world, when it comes out in the US on November 8th it will retail at $299. This means that it will probably cost £299 when its finally released in Europe on the 15th March next year. One thing is certain, when it comes out it will be the worlds most powerful home console/entertainment system, but will it be any good?

What do you think of the X-box…? are you impressed by the specs, do you think the X-box will be worth getting just for WWF Raw is War or do you think that Microsoft have made a mistake that they will come to regret. Whatever your opinion, express it here :-)
Sun 23/09/01 at 21:58
The japanese may actually buy the Xbox provided the games are priced competitively!
Mon 24/09/01 at 20:01
Well, MS have pulled out all the stops for the Tokyo Game Show... they have hired a huge floor space, and should have a strong showing. In addition to this, MS have organised their own independant Xbox show in Japan before the console launch.

The only other thing they could, and should have done was to buy Sega when they were failing... that would have raked in the Japanese gamers.
Fri 28/09/01 at 10:13
I think its because the Game Cube iwll have nintendo history behind it of over priced consoles on release and very expensive games. £50 is way to expensive for a game.

In my opinion i think the X Box is going to wipe the floor with the Game Cube.

Oh yeah another thing how do you hold the game cubes controller in your hands. it has to analog sticks.
Sat 29/09/01 at 17:56
Regular
"accidental superher"
i hope x box does well....
even though i probably won't be getting one when it first gets released cos i have a ps2...
Sat 27/10/01 at 01:28
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
I saw a playable X-box in a games store today, the graphics are nice but I didn't bother playing it, possibly because I didn't really care about the demo game (the oddworld game), still I can't pass judgement on the system yet.
Sat 27/10/01 at 18:16
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
sideshow buzz wrote:
> I saw a playable X-box in a games store today, the graphics are nice but I
> didn't bother playing it, possibly because I didn't really care about the demo
> game (the oddworld game), still I can't pass judgement on the system yet.

I highly doubt that... seeing as the console isn't out in any country!

errrrrrr
Sun 28/10/01 at 00:16
Regular
"I dressed myself !!"
skidd said:
>>Oh yeah another thing how do you hold the game cubes controller in your hands. it has to analog sticks.

--erm.. so does the PS2 controller!! It works just fine.
(when you say,'to analogue sticks', do you mean TWO analogue sticks? Cos i may have got the wrong idea as to what you where saying.
Fri 02/11/01 at 01:09
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
This week it had a demo of Halo on it, I couldn't get to use the machine because some kid got there a few seconds before I did.

I think it is a demo version of the x-box and thus does not have the full games on it. Also a demo video would not show the character in oddworld standing still for 5 minutes.

More news on the demo machine next time I go back to the mall.
Fri 02/11/01 at 01:11
Regular
"Trout a la creme"
From what I saw the demo of halo was running smoothly with lots of action going on and some meaty gun animations/sounds. (forgot to write this on my last post)
Fri 02/11/01 at 12:51
Regular
"MSR Rules"
SonicRav wrote:
> sideshow buzz wrote:
> I saw a playable X-box in a games store today, the
> graphics are nice but I
> didn't bother playing it, possibly because I
> didn't really care about the demo
> game (the oddworld game), still I can't
> pass judgement on the system yet.

I highly doubt that... seeing as the
> console isn't out in any country!

errrrrrr

That's not true. Maybe this guy is from the US where demo stations are everywhere.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.