GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-box Hit : - ) or Miss ; - ( ??"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/06/01 at 18:52
Regular
X-box is Microsoft’s first attempt at breaking into the console world, when it comes out in the US on November 8th it will retail at $299. This means that it will probably cost £299 when its finally released in Europe on the 15th March next year. One thing is certain, when it comes out it will be the worlds most powerful home console/entertainment system, but will it be any good?

What do you think of the X-box…? are you impressed by the specs, do you think the X-box will be worth getting just for WWF Raw is War or do you think that Microsoft have made a mistake that they will come to regret. Whatever your opinion, express it here :-)
Tue 26/06/01 at 18:52
X-box is Microsoft’s first attempt at breaking into the console world, when it comes out in the US on November 8th it will retail at $299. This means that it will probably cost £299 when its finally released in Europe on the 15th March next year. One thing is certain, when it comes out it will be the worlds most powerful home console/entertainment system, but will it be any good?

What do you think of the X-box…? are you impressed by the specs, do you think the X-box will be worth getting just for WWF Raw is War or do you think that Microsoft have made a mistake that they will come to regret. Whatever your opinion, express it here :-)
Tue 26/06/01 at 18:59
The x-box hasn't really impressed many people. I walked into a Gamestation shop to get my EDGE magazine (who are also not impressed by the x-box). The staff were talking to each other and to people in line waiting to get a GBA about how bad the x-box will be. Not a single person in the shop said they preferred the GC to the x-box.

I think their reputation as being globalising pigs has already killed their chances of success.
Tue 26/06/01 at 19:48
"Not a single person in the shop said they preferred the GC to the x-box." ????

I assume you mean

"Not a single person in the shop said they preferred the X-box to the GameCube."

You, have to bear in mind though that people who have just bought a GameBoyAdvance are obviously fond of Nintendo. Perhaps one of the reasons that nobody seems excited about the X-box is that it isnt comming out in the UK till March next year. Closer to the date, people may be more positive about the X-box.
Tue 26/06/01 at 20:24
Regular
I've got a GBA and i may well get an XBox. I'm undecided at the moment.
Tue 26/06/01 at 20:48
The X-box has a load of games being developed for it such as

Oddworld Munch's Oddysee,
Dead or Alive 3,
Star Wars Obi-Wan,
Crazy Taxi,
Panzer Dragoon,
The Simpsons Road Rage,
Jet Set Radio Future,
SegaSports NBA 2K2,
Sega Sports NFL 2K2,
Sega GT,
House of the Dead 3,
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2X,
Dino Crisis 3,
Genma Onimusha,
Madden NFL 2002,
F1 2001,
FIFA,
WWF Raw is War.

If all of these games materialise on the X-box then Im sure lots of gamers will be interested in the machine. Im interested in seeing how DinoCrisis 3 will turn out, will it be more like the puzzle solving original or the arcade shoot em-up sequel???
Tue 26/06/01 at 21:41
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
remember most people who work in games stores are idiots... in general

Sonic
Tue 26/06/01 at 21:50
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
remember most people who work in games stores are fools... in general

Sonic
Tue 26/06/01 at 22:42
I wouldnt go that far, however if your selling a load of GameBoyAdvances a Nintendo machine to a bunch of Nintendo fans then the last thing your going to say is:

"The X-box is going to blow Nintendos GameCube away!"
Sun 23/09/01 at 17:58
Half those Games though will be or are already on the PS2 and why wait till march to play the same game????

Sony will rule alothough I wish sega had faith in the dreamcast shame
Sun 23/09/01 at 17:59
Oh 1 more thing its to big for the japanese market

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.