GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-box Hit : - ) or Miss ; - ( ??"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/06/01 at 18:52
Regular
X-box is Microsoft’s first attempt at breaking into the console world, when it comes out in the US on November 8th it will retail at $299. This means that it will probably cost £299 when its finally released in Europe on the 15th March next year. One thing is certain, when it comes out it will be the worlds most powerful home console/entertainment system, but will it be any good?

What do you think of the X-box…? are you impressed by the specs, do you think the X-box will be worth getting just for WWF Raw is War or do you think that Microsoft have made a mistake that they will come to regret. Whatever your opinion, express it here :-)
Fri 23/11/01 at 02:07
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
but why exclusives - halo, doa3, oddworld, al devloped only for xbox
Fri 23/11/01 at 02:06
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
many great titles are arriving all set to change the games industry completely
Fri 23/11/01 at 02:05
Regular
"Evil Ryu"
xbox will surely be something special
Fri 16/11/01 at 21:48
Well wookie a few Demo units broke, that can be expected, The Demo units were frankly rushed with only one useless Demo Abes Odessey I found them disapointing. It suprised be that Microsoft didnt ship a new Demo CD for these units closer to the release date, theyre obviously incopetant.

However this doesnt mean the actual console is bad, I guess will have to wait and see!
Fri 16/11/01 at 11:33
"High polygon count"
http://www.gaming-age.com/ cgi-bin/news/news.pl?y=2001&m=10&nid=22-159.db
Fri 16/11/01 at 00:18
I just hope they make a new controller, and drop the price of games to the PC equivalents (After all the games are PC ports!). Thats the only thing wrong with the Xbox.
Thu 15/11/01 at 20:53
Regular
Well i have to admit it, i'm wrong.
I've been one of those people slagging the XBOX from day 1 as i didn't think it had good enough games to be a real threat in the console war but i'm wrong, i admit it.
After seeing the likes of HALO,DEAD OR ALIVE 3,JET SET RADIO FUTURE,ODDWORLD,GUN VALKRYE i now have to say that the XBOX is looking better and better everyday in my eyes.
It kinda reminds me of the Saturn,in the way that Hardcore gamers bought the machine (and lets face it not many people are going to spend £300 on a console) and it had class games,but not many people bought it, i see the XBOX going like this but i don't know about the rest of you but Microsoft have proved themselves to me and i will be buying an XBOX.
Special Reserve,my deposit is on its way,just make sure you save an XBOX for me :) oh and a copy of HALO aswell,thanks.
So the moral of the story,don't judge a console by the company its made by,judge it by the quaility of its games and from what i've seen the XBOX has loads of class games coming out for it.
I have now learnt my lesson and am counting the days untill March 14th 2002.
Oh and if any of you have msn messenger then my email address is [email protected].
It'll be cool speaking to like minded people for a change.
Well speak to ya later
sirus
Thu 15/11/01 at 02:27
The GameCube controller is spot on, its a pitty the Xbox conroller is so bad. Other than that its a good machine, its just a pitty that UK gamers have to wait so long for these machines then pay more for them and their games!
Sun 04/11/01 at 13:10
Questions were asked about how you hold the GameCube controller and what the second analogue stick is used for. Quite simply the controller fits comfortably in the palm of your hand with three fingers around the handgrips at either side. This leaves your index fingers to rest nicely in between the contoured L and R buttons on the top, while your thumbs operate the controls on the front.
So far, the C- Stick (yellow analogue stick on the right) is used for aiming/directing. For example in Luigi's Mansion the C-Stick is used to aim the vacuum and the torch.
I have a GameCube from Japan with the three launch titles and I can honestly say the controller feels and plays perfectly. You seem to adapt to the controls straight away. The arrangement of the buttons is wonderful as not once do you miss a button or hit the wrong one. You don't even have to think about the controls during a game. Itís an ergonomic masterpiece.
I haven't held an X-box controller to date, but it will have to be something special to surpass the GameCube controller.
Sat 03/11/01 at 18:28
Regular
Right this really makes me mad when people go on about a consoles "power" what does it matter how powerful a console is if it hasn't got a range of class games?
Sure XBOX has Dead Or Alive 3,Project Gothem,Halo ect but is it really worth splashing out £299 for it?
Think back to the Atari Jaguar, a 64bit console but with no good games,see it doesn't matter if your getting "more powerful chipsets" as to us gamers this means nothing,all that counts for gamers is the games,and it's here that Microsoft need to start impressing people because so far i havn't seen anything that comes close to making me want to pay £299 for an XBOX.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.