GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What should Arsenal do with Vieira ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/06/01 at 18:23
Regular
They basically have three options :

1. Let him leave and bank a cheque for about £35m.

2. Let him rot in the reserves for a season or two then sell him (he has three years on his contract).

3. Force him to stay and play out his contract or at least part of it, in the hope that a succesful season will force a change of heart from the player.

Rather than have an unhappy player at the club, the liklihood is that Arsenal will cash in on PV. However, I long for the day when one club makes a stand against player power. Just think of the service Arsenal would be doing to football in general if they threw Vieira in the reserves for the next three seasons and then let him leave on a Bosman (costing him three years of his career). The club would lose £35m but it would wrestle some of the power away from the players and back to the clubs. It would give players and agents something to think about.
Thu 28/06/01 at 15:26
Regular
To come to Dundee and actually win something!!
Thu 28/06/01 at 15:24
Regular
"Great Scott's"
If Vieria wants a challenge he should move to Everton, this is because what more of a challenge is there?

To avoid the bottom 3 places for another season and try to beat Liverpool in the derbys.

What more of a challenge is there?

Please tell me!
Thu 28/06/01 at 12:32
Regular
"Back in black"
Uniteds do need some one good, and some one better than Viera. Someone international, some one to work with Van Nistelrooy- but that of the topic!

Viera- I think Aresnal should sell him off for as muth as possible and get a good international midfielder, who has a better disiplinary record!
Thu 28/06/01 at 11:45
Or†ega wrote:
> The manchester united chairman has promised a big name signing before the new season starts. Not just any old player, a superstar. If PK does leave arsenal it would definitly be a move to spain or another club in england. If Utd were the only team that PK wanted to move to what would arseanl do?

PV is still contracted to Arsenal for the next three seasons. IF Arsenal allow him to leave they can dictate who PV can discuss terms with. In fact PV would be punished by UEFA if he spoke with any club without permission from Arsenal.

The only way PV could join United is by sitting out the remainder of his contract, either by playing or striking. Alternatively, United could strike a deal with a foreign club, whereby the foreign sign the player and then sell him onto Man Utd.
Thu 28/06/01 at 03:36
Regular
The PV stories seem to be left alone today. nearly all of the papers are saying that Utd are ready to sign veron, becasue he has been cleared of that dodgy passport thing. The mirror have even gone as far as saying Man utd have agreed a deal for 23.4M.

If this goes through, i dont see united making a bid for PV.
Thu 28/06/01 at 01:19
Regular
The manchester united chairman has promised a big name signing before the new season starts. Not just any old player, a superstar.

If PK does leave arsenal it would definitly be a move to spain or another club in england. If Utd were the only team that PK wanted to move to what would arseanl do?
Wed 27/06/01 at 18:37
I can not see Arsenal letting PV join Man Utd. Remember the player is still under contract so IF the club do let him go they can insist he moves abroad.

Whilst it is apparent that Vieira want's to leave there is no doubt The Sun have ramped this story up. I think it is highly unlikely that Vieira actually made some of the statements alledged.

Vieira has ruled out moving to Italy. Petit claims he knows where Vieira want's to go and it is not Barcelona. Arsenal's chairman (Peter Hill Wood) has ruled out a move to Man Utd. I can not see PV wanting to go to the German league. It seems to me that Real Madrid are the only option. However, Real are about to sign Zidane from Juventus, and as the club is already heavily in debt I would doubt they would also finance a move for Vieira (unless they sell Figo).

Maybe, just maybe, Patrick Vieira will still be wearing an Arsenal shirt at the start of next season.
Wed 27/06/01 at 02:16
Regular
couple of stories in the papers today. Firstly the "mirror" say Arsenal want Keane or Beckham in part-exchange if Man utd Make a bid for vieira. ANd the "Daily star" say that Man utd are confident that they are Vieira's number one choice if he quits arsenal.

Make what u will of this...but i'm sure any deal between these two clubs would completly shatter the British transfer record.
Tue 26/06/01 at 23:05
Regular
Keep him if The Sun is completely bluffing it.
Tue 26/06/01 at 21:16
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Wenger knows about the Japanese game because he used to manage in Japan.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.