GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What should Arsenal do with Vieira ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/06/01 at 18:23
Regular
They basically have three options :

1. Let him leave and bank a cheque for about £35m.

2. Let him rot in the reserves for a season or two then sell him (he has three years on his contract).

3. Force him to stay and play out his contract or at least part of it, in the hope that a succesful season will force a change of heart from the player.

Rather than have an unhappy player at the club, the liklihood is that Arsenal will cash in on PV. However, I long for the day when one club makes a stand against player power. Just think of the service Arsenal would be doing to football in general if they threw Vieira in the reserves for the next three seasons and then let him leave on a Bosman (costing him three years of his career). The club would lose £35m but it would wrestle some of the power away from the players and back to the clubs. It would give players and agents something to think about.
Tue 26/06/01 at 18:23
They basically have three options :

1. Let him leave and bank a cheque for about £35m.

2. Let him rot in the reserves for a season or two then sell him (he has three years on his contract).

3. Force him to stay and play out his contract or at least part of it, in the hope that a succesful season will force a change of heart from the player.

Rather than have an unhappy player at the club, the liklihood is that Arsenal will cash in on PV. However, I long for the day when one club makes a stand against player power. Just think of the service Arsenal would be doing to football in general if they threw Vieira in the reserves for the next three seasons and then let him leave on a Bosman (costing him three years of his career). The club would lose £35m but it would wrestle some of the power away from the players and back to the clubs. It would give players and agents something to think about.
Tue 26/06/01 at 18:46
Regular
"Whatever!"
I think cashing in on him would be a very good move - If I was Wenger I would get rid of him as soon as possible. If its true about what he said no club should take that from any player no matter how good they are, no player is bigger than the club!!
Although it would be satisfying seeing him rot in the reserves!!
Tue 26/06/01 at 18:47
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Definately sell. They could get two players from the money they get.
Tue 26/06/01 at 18:52
Grandprix wrote:
> Definately sell. They could get two players from the money they get.

Yes, but nowhere near as good.

I have a feeling that if Vieira does go then Arsenal will sign Stefen Effenburg from Bayern Munich. He is getting on a bit but could do the job plus he wants to finish his career in London.
Tue 26/06/01 at 18:53
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Does anyone know the Japanese player Arsenal are buying?
Tue 26/06/01 at 19:01
I think Arsenal r the best, i've supported them for ages, I think that Viera is a very good player, but he isn't worth the hassel, he has no loyalties, i think we should sell him,
and get some more players or save up for a new ground
Tue 26/06/01 at 19:04
Grandprix wrote:
> Does anyone know the Japanese player Arsenal are buying?

no... but if we get him the Japanese will want to watch every match so we'll get morew money... this could be used for better players or a new ground
Tue 26/06/01 at 19:47
Grandprix wrote:
> Does anyone know the Japanese player Arsenal are buying?

He is a midfielder and his name is Junichi Inamoto,he currently plays in for Gamba Osaka in the Japanese J-league. He is 21 years old and will cost Arsenal around £4m

I can not see this guy replacing Vieira. It is hard to imagine a Japanese player being able to dominate a midfield position in the English premiership. No doubts he would be a useful addition to the squad but I reckon Arsenal have signed this player for the commerical spin-offs it will generate in Japan.

There are only a few players who could come close to filling Vieira's shoes and I think the most likely signing will be Stefen Effenburg. Unless Wenger manages to unearth another Vieira from somewhere.
Tue 26/06/01 at 19:50
Arsenal have also been linked with another Japanese midfield player - Nakata from Roma. He would cost about £12m according to reports.

I hope we do not sign any Japanese player. It would be a major risk. Can you imagine a Japanese player competing in a midfield battle with Roy Keane ?.
Tue 26/06/01 at 21:16
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Wenger knows about the Japanese game because he used to manage in Japan.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.