GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Which gameshould be made into a movie?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/07/04 at 08:58
Regular
"Don't let me down"
Or it could be a movie into a game, anyway i'll start with the obvious and say halo
Mon 26/07/04 at 18:35
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Anonymous wrote:
> Splinter Cell: The Movie

You mean it isn't already? :P

I don't think a stealth game would work all that well, it'd end up coming over as 24 crossed with Mission Impossible but hardly any action.
Mon 26/07/04 at 16:34
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Xbox Live
Mon 26/07/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Insert Gently"
Splinter Cell: The Movie
Mon 26/07/04 at 14:58
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Punisher was originally a comic book character, hence does not count.
Mon 26/07/04 at 12:53
Regular
"All about the Beats"
I didnt mind Resi Evil. The Punsher is also already a game, made for the arcades by Capcom in the mid-ninties, its rocks muchly.
Mon 26/07/04 at 12:50
Regular
Resident Evil was alright, and I'm sure Ecks vs Sever was a film before it was a game.
Mon 26/07/04 at 12:49
Regular
Yes, but every single one of those were made with one thing in mind - cash-in.

If a studio actually put some real effort into making a Movie of a game, it could be really good. Sadly it's not going to happen any time soon.

Resident Evil was the best Movie-of-a-game, but even that was average.
Mon 26/07/04 at 12:47
Regular
Dead or Alive : Beach Volleyball
Mon 26/07/04 at 12:43
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Games as movies is a bad idea. Name one game that has been a decent movie????

Mario Bros, Tomb Raider 1+2, Resident Evil, Ecks Vs Sever etc were all dire to plain bad.
Mon 26/07/04 at 09:38
Regular
Good idea ST, a Half-Life movie would most probably rock :)

It'd have to be pretty intensive though, to fit multiple (large) storylines into a single movie - you've effectively got Gordon Freeman, Barney, the Opposing force and Mr what-his-face, as well as sub-plots from other possible characters, and the obligatory Hollywood cliché - the love interest :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.