GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Animal Crossing Pop Quiz"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Animal Crossing'.
Tue 27/07/04 at 11:20
Regular
I know I could have put this in one of the other AC threads, but I didn't want to and there's nothing you can do about it! MUHHAAHAHAHA etc.

*ahem*

1. Does everyone who moves in get a goodie gift mail from Nintendo? i.e. My sis started the game, then I started my game after her - in the same town - yet she got a mail from Nintendo with 2 NES's and something else in. I didn't :(

2. I've only played it 1 day - does the shop get new, different stock in each day or should I expect the same stuff I've already got?

3. One animal is wanting a peach, yet the only fruit I can find is cherries. ??

4. bob the cat asked me to send him a letter telling him a joke. what's theire idea of funny? Why did the chicken cross the road? I doubt any controversial or dirty jokes would go down too well...

5. List any tips to get the most out of this game please :)
Tue 27/07/04 at 11:46
Regular
Don't play the game for really long sessions, play maybe an hour or 2 a day otherwise you'll soon get bored.

Xmas is the best time in Animal Crossing, though the winter does go on for stupidly long.
Tue 27/07/04 at 11:42
Regular
"Long time no see!"
1. It is only the very-first person who plays the game that recieves the letter and gifts, unfortunately. I found this when I bought the game second-hand. :(

2. Yes, the stock does tend to change daily. Even better, the further you progress in the game and the more money you give Tom Nook, the more the shop itself will grow in size; brimming with more-and-more stock.

3. I could only find pears when I first started this game...?

Anyhow, you will, again, find a variety of fruits the further you progress on with this game. You may find them as wrapped gifts floating through the sky. It could be one somebody gives to you as they have one-too-many, or can't eat any more. Or, you could try visiting another town (if you know anyone else with this game and their own memory card).

4. They don't seem to understand a great deal in what you write them in your letters. You can try sending a joke, but keep it rather short and simple. Otherwise, they'll only write back moaning about how they didn't
understand what you wrote.

5. Um... Just keep playing, I guess. Keep playing regularly. Make as many of the events as you can; particpate in as many things like the Fishing Tourneys as much as possible, also. Buy and trade with all. Be a good neighbour. Keep your town looking tidy. Donate to the Museum. ...Only neglect the real A-holes! :)
Tue 27/07/04 at 11:20
Regular
I know I could have put this in one of the other AC threads, but I didn't want to and there's nothing you can do about it! MUHHAAHAHAHA etc.

*ahem*

1. Does everyone who moves in get a goodie gift mail from Nintendo? i.e. My sis started the game, then I started my game after her - in the same town - yet she got a mail from Nintendo with 2 NES's and something else in. I didn't :(

2. I've only played it 1 day - does the shop get new, different stock in each day or should I expect the same stuff I've already got?

3. One animal is wanting a peach, yet the only fruit I can find is cherries. ??

4. bob the cat asked me to send him a letter telling him a joke. what's theire idea of funny? Why did the chicken cross the road? I doubt any controversial or dirty jokes would go down too well...

5. List any tips to get the most out of this game please :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.