GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Design for the DS"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 28/07/04 at 10:19
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/

It's looking good :)
Thu 29/07/04 at 10:32
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Edgy wrote:
> However, my theory is that they're going to include it in the next
> version of Game Boy, claim it's one of their new innovations, and
> people will go "wow".

They'll have a hard job getting that claim to stick since the PSP already has an analogue stick. I agree most of the people here would still go 'wow' though, just cos it's Nintendo.
Thu 29/07/04 at 11:02
Regular
"bit of a brain"
I doubt it.

To be honest, if you REALLY wanted analogue, they could put a picture of an analogue stick on the bottom screen and, like that Pac'n'roll game, have you use the stylus to move it and control the top screen.

What the DS really needs though is some sort of wrist clamp so that you can use the stylus and one half of the buttons at the same time.

Patent Pending, theives.
Thu 29/07/04 at 12:05
Regular
": ("
Creepy wrote:
> FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> No analogue.
> pap
Thu 29/07/04 at 12:50
Regular
"All about the Beats"
GP32 has analogue control, it has no problems.

Touch screen? pah :p
Thu 29/07/04 at 12:53
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Edgy wrote:
> I better not disagree or ask you for your reasons Creepy. You might
> go off in a huff :P

heh.
Thu 29/07/04 at 13:04
Regular
Touch screen is the main form of control... the use of a analogue stick would just muddle the issue.
Mon 02/08/04 at 10:57
Regular
Pop, I find this post more important than half the crap on here.
Mon 02/08/04 at 12:04
Regular
That's what I'm worried about. I think the touchscreen idea is great! Just so long as it's not the only method of control for each game.

I will get bored of playing, "Generic Screen rubbing game 47"

For example, how, if at all, is a touchscreen feature going to be implemented in Mario Kart? All I hope it's used for is to select character.
Mon 02/08/04 at 12:24
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Well the screen is there so that veteran gamers and newbies alike both are put back and have to learn from scratch how to get to grips with the touchscreen and stylus, it's good it's there. I think what is most likely is there would be different sets of controls.. like in Metroid Hunters, they're implementing optional controls where you don't have to use the stylus to shoot if you want. I want to use it as much as possible though, it's a funking snazzy little way of controlling it if you ask me, and a break from the norm.
Mon 02/08/04 at 13:37
Regular
Edgy wrote:
> That's what I'm worried about. I think the touchscreen idea is great!
> Just so long as it's not the only method of control for each game.
>
> I will get bored of playing, "Generic Screen rubbing game
> 47"
>
> For example, how, if at all, is a touchscreen feature going to be
> implemented in Mario Kart? All I hope it's used for is to select
> character.

And targetting shells, so, in stead of firing a shell straight in front of you, touch part of the screen, and the shell will fire towards where you point.

The endless possibilties.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.